CCA 1974 s77,78,79.Office of Fair Trading

payback68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello fellow caggers,

Was browsing the web today looking for the duties of Creditors to send Debtors Statements of Accounts and came across this link on the OFT website. I am sure most of the experienced caggers will know most of this, however, some caggers may find it interesting reading and also may answer a few questions for them!.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/OFT1272.pdf

Regards

PB68.

the whole industry is shoddy and feckless,these are only "guidelines" which sums up the whole ordeal of deregulated credit.the 1974 act was drawn up when attitudes were more responsible with borrowing and more importantly lending decisions,the fact that anything goes underlines severe problems as the nation has found out.

http://www.sharecast.com/cgi-bin/sharecast/story.cgi?story_id=3900365

Agreed dadofholly & hs.

The information i.e Link was provided so that people can read through what they are being advised to do via various threads CCA requests etc.

jsa12 although i agree with some of what you have stated, i find your comments are ridiculous to say they are just "Guidelines"!. These so called Guidelines are there to assist both parties which are drawn up by the OFT, furthermore the guidelines are the basis of the advice given on this website and have assisted many people in disputing their debts.I am intrigued as to what you do if you don't follow the "Guidelines"? As in my opinion you think they are useless. Also the link you provided, i read it like many i read everyday, it's just stating the obvious!.

PB68

guidelines say a lot of things,with my case with metropolitan which at the time they put their name to the oft guidelines' in fact were were the first to break them.these names disappear from the bottom of later oft releases'.

they have to be seen for what they are yes they can be of point however they are not set in stone.there does not appear to be any real action against companies particularly dcas',this may be because people tend to blame themselves for the situation and don't complain to the relevant authorities.correspondence from financial institutions' particularly in the early stages of default and long after tend to be of oppressive nature which is heavily one sided,only giving brief mention to the citizens advice bureau and other debt institutions' and little attention to redress .

as we have seen not least on the forum is something is seriously wrong,it is said oh "the bad boys' of the industry" and behavior has left many terrified,in one case "what must the hsbc think" because of a late payment.this is exactly got people where they want them.

whats needed is tough action close these cowboys' down once and for all and tolerate none of the misleading threatening behavior,sadly we live in a society where this is tolerated more and more.

sadly that's not how it appears to be,and a blind eye is turned until long after and a short stick is waved.