Lynnette V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and welcome!

Dont be scared, be knowledgeable! You are in the right, you will get your money!

Dont worry too much about recorded delivery, but be sure to obtain a receipt of posting at the post office if you use 1st class.

Please take a look at the information in the links in my signature below, you will find the letters in the library link, the faq and a step by step guide.

Take your time to read everything properly, dont act in haste!

Crusher:grin:

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I would give an update. I sent my SAR to Halifax on the 1/9/06, still no statements. I phoned them on 21/9/06 to make sure they had received, they had and my request would be processed in the next 5days they haven't. Two of my sisters sent SAR's to HSBC & Barclays 2 weeks after me and they have both received their statements with the £10.00 fee returned. Whats going on, the only Xtra halifax give is Xtra stress. They still have a couple more weeks yet i'm just getting impatient!!!!

I have also been roped into to doing my sisters' as well as mine. Here goes banks what out Lynnette's about. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi, New to this now, I have recieved all my bank statemend from last 6 years in less than 5 days, I have the total amount now all laid out in a spreadsheet and will be sending prelim letter tomorrow, heres hoping I get something back.

Hi all

As suggested I gave Halifax another gentle reminder on Thursday, they told me my request would be dealt with that very day. This morning there was a knock on the door and the postman had a special delivery for me. My bank statements (but only for 1 account, the letter attached said the other one was sent under seperate cover). Totted up how much the charges were and embarrassingly for 3 years there was £4882.00. Typed up the prem letter and I will send this on Monday by recorded delivery. Just have to wait now for the other account.

:-) :-) :-)

windfall! - keep copies of everything, and a receipt for proof of posting (just as good as rec delivery) when you get a letter back from them as you most likely will, they will quote 4 weeks or something along that timescale to investigate your complaint, ignore them and their timelines, stick to yours, you instigated this communication not the other way around!

Good luck

Any problems just shout!

If you havent already start a thread in the halifax forum and read the longer threads in there to give you an idea what to expect!

If you are new to forums a good link in helping to explain how to make posts can be found here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/13182-how-make-posts.html

Once you are comfortable with the site and how to get around pretty easily, you can pop into your banks forum (each bank has their own little group) so that you can meet people in similar situations to you – some will be further along in the process, some like you, just beginning!

Read the longer threads to give you an idea of what to expect along the way. The bank forums can be found here ----à http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ scroll down to the bank action group and you will see a list of banks!

Post a thread in your bank group to introduce yourself, it’s a good way of keeping a little journal. Keep your own thread up to date, it will help you keep sane throughout the process but will also help others that may come after you! If you need any help post it on your thread, don’t start a new one! – your thread will be automatically bumped to the top and someone will be able to see it and help accordingly!

Hope that helps ;)

Hi

I have received my banks statements for one of my two account this morning. The other has been sent under separate cover. Added them up, they came to over £4k. I have typed my prem letter up and will send it on Monday.

Looking forward to some cash back I hope.

Guest bluecloud

No hope is needed lynette, just a little patience over the next 4 weeks.

It's been less than 3 weeks since my preliminary letter and I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve.

I know I will get all my money back, so will you.

I've even started other claims against the Halifax. I'll probably have a go at everyone else after Christmas; after all I'll need plenty of time to spend the money I'm due. (Now where did I put that New York holiday brochure?.........)

I have got a few cases to deal with, I'm doing them all at roughly the same time. I have 2 joint bank accounts, Early redemption penalty and both mine and my hubbies credit cards - all from Halifax.

Also my two sisters want me to do their's, lucky i'm not working at the moment.

:confused: confused - I will be.

Threads merged.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I got my other statements yesterday. I have worked out the charges on the spreadsheet and i'm on my way to hand them into the bank. I have been giving the letter to the cashiers and asking them for confirmation of them receiving it.

Here hoping I will hear something quite soon.

Lynnette

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would give a quick update.

I have handed 4 letter into my local branch for them to forward to the correct department, prem letters for 2 accounts, 1 prem for ERP and a LBA for my ERP but as yet I have not received anything from them. Not even a we are dealing 4 weeks letter. Has this happened to anyone else?

I am due to send 2 LBA this week, one tomorrow and one on Wednesday.

I am also waiting for statements for our credit cards the data protection letter was sent 22/9/06 so they have a bit of time still. I think I will chase them tomorrow.

Not going to well at the moment as they are just ignoring me.

Never mind onwards and upwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I just received an gesture of goodwill from Halifax for £2511.00, I think this is quite good as the claim is for £4882.00. I am not going to accept this and I will be completing the court papers early next week.

I also received a letter from Halifax regarding my ERC last week stating they did not receive my prem letter. I phoned them and advised I handed it to my local branch and have a receipt to prove it. She told me she would look into it and get back to me but nothing as yet. This is now ready to go to court.

Just a quick question, on my ERC I never included any charges for missed payments etc as I got a bit excitied. Halifax are now in the process of sending me the details regarding these can I add the charges to the court papers or do i do a seperate claim for these??

Any help would be great. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I issued 3 claims to my local CC on Thursday, 2 were sent back the following day as I forgot to sign them!!! stupid me. I checked, double checked and triple checked the text and I asked the assistant if they were ok.. Never mind they have gone now.

I received one back Monday which is deemed served on the 11 November and 27 November for the Halifax to reply.

I haven't got the other 2 back yet, hopefully they will come in the next few days.

I suppose now I just sit and wait. Nothing left for me to do. Just keep reading.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. Hopefully next time i post I can say yipee I won.

Lynnette

i was waiting for my letter from the court i sent mine in last tuesday,i thought there was something wrong with mine as i hadnt heard anything,but from reading yours has took longer than i expected.