Barclays : Old, debt ridden current a/c, newer "rolled over" loans and offsetting tactic.....

badboydolphin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Summary:

I had an old Barc curr a/c from '94 to '08 with plenty of "unauthorised" charges etc on it (still £1300 o/d left) and various, separate loans rolled in to t'other with Call Serve now chasing the remaining £7.5k thereof...." Instruct one of our local collectors.......Proceed with legal action for recovery"

Situation:

I'm temping in the financial sector and can't afford a CCJ resultingly. My contract will end at Xmas and I will have to find similar?:wink: work thereafter as and when it materialises. Furthermore, I have had to leave my last, rented address and have a mail redirect in effect until I can (hopefully) move in to a friend's place without advising any of my creditors of this.

My credit file is a shocker and I have bugger all money so I would regard myself as vunerably housed (have just made a similar post at B/Card in case you are getting deja vu ;-). Resultingly, I want to pay as little as poss (pref nothing) to my creditors without jeopardising employment prospects.

Gameplan:

I would like to use as much of the "unauthorised" charges on the current a/c to offset the charges thereon with enough left over to clear some of the Barc Loan as well whilst having a delaying stategy on both until I can earn a few grand in future employments to wipe the slate clean across the two.

As I doubt I have the majority of the statements on the current a/c, I would need Barc current a/c to play their hand by issuing a CCJ so necessatating the provision of all historic statements, then fighting to reclaim charges so I could clear that debt and the other.

I appreciate this is a really tall order and would be really appreciative if anyone can help with tactic/strategy advice so I can try to pull this off!

Many thanks and :happy: to all

Hi BadBoyD,

Just posted on your BC thread. :wink:

Any default charges on a bank current a/c cannot now be reclaimed.

Any penalty charges on a bank loan a/c can be reclaimed in full in the same way as credit card charges.

When you send the SAR referred to on the BC thread, you should send it to Barclays Bank PLC, who should respond with a/c data for all current a/c, loan a/c and credit card a/c's. If you provide them with the a/c nos. that you know, this will assist them in providing the data you need.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)