• Tweets

• Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof? 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No    Have you had a response?  n/a 7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice'  
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
    • Huh? This is nothing about paying just for what I use - I currently prefer the averaged monthly payment - else i wouldn't be in credit month after month - which I am comfortable with - else I wold simply request a part refund - which I  would have done if they hadn't reduced my monthly dd after the complaint I raised (handled slowly and rather badly) highlighted the errors in their systems (one of which they do seem to have fixed) Are you not aware DD is always potentially variable? ah well, look it up - but my deal is a supposed to average the payments over a year, and i dont expect them to change payments (up or down) without my informed agreement ESPECIALLY when I'm in credit over winter.   You are happy with your smart meter - jolly for you I dont want one, dont have to have one  - so wont   I have a box that tells me my electricity usage - was free donkeys years ago and shows me everything I need to know just like a smart meter but doesnt need a smart meter,  and i can manually set my charges - so as a side effect - would show me if the charges from the supplier were mismatched. Doesn't tell me if the meters actually calibrated correctly - but neither does your smart meter. That all relies on a label and the competence of the testers - and the competence of any remote fiddling with the settings. You seem happy with that - thats fine. I'm not.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Consumer Credit agreements part 3

Guest 5YearPlan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i would not think that the document posted could possibly be a re construction- it MUST be a photocopy or microfiche copy of an original document

also 9-2-2 would i doubt be the date as written by the company and i suggest must be in the applicants own hand- therefore this must be a copy of an original document IMO

however, the tick box suggests that the document was NOT completed by the customer and would therefore suggest that it might NOT have been completed "off trade premises"

so where precisely was the form completed, and by whom? a shopping centre?

where the details of how you could cancel it sent to you in the post?

there would appear to be no provision within either side of the document for the creditor to execute it- thus confirming that it is in fact an application form

The application form itself will constitute an agreement IF it can be shown that the debtors signature is contained within the same document as the prescribed terms

i cannot see any reference on one side of the document to the other- which may suggest that they are in fact two separate documents

Edited by diddydicky

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi thanks for the advice and imput guys i seem to have managed to create 2 seperate posts some how but both are the same matter can i just post a link to my original post

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?281046-mbna-cc-fraud-thief-convicted-HF-still-want-balance-off-me-passed-to-DCA-help and sorry if ive caused any confusion

the tick box suggests that the document was NOT completed by the customer and would therefore suggest that it might NOT have been completed "off trade premises"

so where precisely was the form completed, and by whom? a shopping centre?

where the details of how you could cancel it sent to you in the post?

the form was filled in by a woman i presume was an agent or rep of nbma she aproached me in a shopping centre, she filled in all the details i just signed it presuming i was applying for credit card

Just looking through this thread for any commments which refer to an agreement for current account overdraft charges. the claim i have against me is for this type of debt . most of the info i can find is referring to credit card agreements.

i have asked for copies of me agreement and t&c's etc amongst other docs. D & G solicitors are claiming under part V exemption they do not have to provide an agreement for this type of debt nor do they have to supply a default notice ( BTW - which i did not get)

Would be grateful if any one has any comments on this??

this is my thread if anyone wants to have a browse.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?275863-Urgent-Help-Needed!-HSBC-Filed-Claim-at-Court-What-do-i-do

domino rally

In that case it will be regulated by the '1983 Agreements Regulations and this affects where and whether there ought to be notices of Cancellation...i.e 'your rights to cancel' etc....

m2ae

HI m2ae

that was the only thing they produced this is where im at at this point in time if youd like to take a look and thanks for the info greatly apreciated http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?281046-mbna-cc-fraud-thief-convicted-amp-they-still-want-balance-off-me-passed-to-DCA-help

Sorry to jump in here...can someone tell me the difference between and expempt agreement (s.16 CCA) and an Unregulated agreement?

More specifically, a £47,530 loan from a finance company, secured by 2nd charge taken out in June 2005.

what would this loan agreement come under? I know it's unregulated, but is it an 'exempt' agreement? They are 2 distinctly different things I am told...anyone?

Hello sorry to jump in but have received a recon agreement from Cabot together with this letter which totally baffles me ?

What does the recon have to show. At the same time I had a SAR's Citi and had received the following items :

Statements up to Sept 2010. The last statement I have is dated October 2006 and I have them all prior to that. and now to the statements which are a nonsense...all the statement post 2007 are a load of nonsense.

Customer Service Notes copy which includes three entries - two mentioning account sold to Cabot and one mentioning my SARlink3.gif. There is a note on the bottom which says ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE NOTES PRIOR TO THIS PURGED FROM SYSTEM;

Copy of the Income and Expenditure which I gave them in July 2006 - they do not have the letter sending it out but I do as well as the letter refusing to accept me onto a reduced payment scheme in reply to my Income and Expenditure.

NO CREDIT AGREEMENT nor an application form was enclosed but they have said that they have given me a copy of the information held on the application (btw they got my name wrong !) this is just a computer print out.

I have sent a letter to Citi stating that they have not complied.

So really what do I need from them or Cabot ?

Thank you for reading

Rescanned further down !

Edited by gettingsorted

It's easy to use Adobe "rotate view" to rotate the document clockwise (twice) to get it right way up - no need to rescan on this account.

However you have still left the exact balance in the body which might idfentify you to Cabot.

Cabot's letter is pure bluff. They are saying they are "entitled" to enforce (and define enforce). They are right in they are ENTITLED to go to court - but what they DON'T say is that LEGALLY they CAN'T actually get a court to rule you MUST pay up just with a reconstituted copy - they MUST have the original. However beware of the Judge lottery as some judges don't actually understand the Carey judgement properly - and get misled by devious lawyers.

They must have taken a long time to put this work of fiction together because it's very well worded - intended to deceive you but without actually lying outright.

Personally I would now reply using P1's excellent CPUTR 2008 letter - which I believe removes the capability of them continuing to bluff. They either have an original, including your signature - and my reading of CPUTR 2008 is that they must give you such a copy on demand - or they haven't - and they must then say so and stop bluffing.

You might also want to bone up on the full Carey judgement (you can get it from Google easily) and quote the relevant bitys about enforcement and providing a full trail of all original copies each time the T&C's were changed - but this shouldn't be necessary if they understand what CPUTR 2008 does to them.

Anyway it's nice to see someone force them to spend so much time creating such a clever pack of lies!

Good luck!

BD

Thank you very much for the comments -

Ok here's a proper copy right way round and without the balance !

Where can I find a copy of the letter CPUTR 2008 letter - bearing in mind what I got from Citi there seems to be a lack of proper documents around ?

Look at this post and others earlier on from PriorityOne on the same thread - might be just what you need to do now?

good luck!

BD

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?173201-why-you-shouldnt-use-section-77-78-CCA-1974-if-you-want-the-signed-agreement&p=3209722&viewfull=1#post3209722

hete it us Gettingsorted..BD has given you the link to trevor33 and trevor33 received the full trancscript from me in relation to the interpretation of the OFT of CPUTR 2008 regs 5, 6 and 7

Susan Edwards, Head of Credit Investigations and Enforcement, Office of Fair Trading May 2008Misleading statements to debtors

Sections 77 and 78 refer to supplying a copy of the ‘executed’ agreement within 12 working days of receiving a written request from the debtor. Failure to do so makes the agreement unenforceable against the debtor until a copy is provided. In addition, if the default continues for a period of 1 month the creditor is in breach of the Act.

Execution involves signing the agreement. If no agreement has been executed, it is impossible to supply a true copy of the agreement. Should a creditor supply a copy agreement, even though the debtor has never signed any agreement with that creditor, no indication should be given that it is a true copy or a copy of an executed agreement. To do so may contravene Regulation 5 of the CPRs and be an unfair or improper business practice.

The consequence of the debtor not having signed a credit agreement with the creditor is that the agreement is unenforceable except where the court orders that enforcement may take place. Where the agreement was made before 6th April 2007 the court is not able to make such an order unless the agreement was signed by the debtor.

Therefore it is misleading to state, when complying with a section 77 or 78 request, that the debtor has signed or would have signed (or similar) the enclosed agreement where the debtor has not done so. From 26 May 2008 such a statement will be a breach of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Tradingclip_image001.gif Regulations 2008 (CPRs). Regulation 5 of the CPRs states that a commercial practice is a misleading action if it contains false information in relation to the main characteristics of the product (amongst other matters) and is likely therefore to cause the average consumer to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise. The product in question is the credit agreement and the main characteristics include the ‘execution of the product’ (Regulation 5(5)(d) of the CPRs).

Telling a consumer that he signed such an agreement is also a misleading statement about his rights and the risks he might face as covered by Regulation 5(4)(k) of the CPRs.It is our view that it is likely that a consumer will take a transactional decision to make a payment under the credit agreement or to refrain from exercising his rights under the agreement as a result of being misled about whether he signed it.

Breach of Regulation 5 of the CPRs is a criminal offence under Regulation 9 and can also be enforced under Part 8 of the Enterprise Act 2002. Under section 218A of the Enterprise Act, where an application for an Enforcement Order is made the court may require the Respondent ‘to provide evidence of the accuracy of any factual claim’ (such as a claim that a debtor has signed a credit agreement).

In addition, it should be noted that threats to take action that cannot be taken is listed as one of the factors that will be considered in assessing aggressive practices in Regulation 7(2) of the CPRs.

rgds

m2ae

Thank you

Do you think this will do or should I expand ?

Dear Sirs

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company

I refer to your letter dated xxxxx , where you enclose a reconstituted true copy of an agreement.

May I remind you of your obligations under the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (specifically regulations 5 and 6) and the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on Debt Collection. I therefore request that you confirm whether you currently hold or have ever held a properly Executed Credit Agreement pertaining to the above account and if so please forward a copy to me by return.

I attach for your information a copy of the relevant Regs of CPUTR 2008 for your information

If you DO NOT have a signed, properly executed Consumer Credit Act Agreement pertaining to myself, then I require written confirmation by return (CPUTR 2008 reg 5 and 6).

Yours faithfully

Susan Edwards, Head of Credit Investigations and Enforcement, Office of Fair Trading May 2008

Misleading statements to debtors

Sections 77 and 78 refer to supplying a copy of the ‘executed’ agreement within 12 working days of receiving a written request from the debtor. Failure to do so makes the agreement unenforceable against the debtor until a copy is provided. In addition, if the default continues for a period of 1 month the creditor is in breach of the Act.

Execution involves signing the agreement. If no agreement has been executed, it is impossible to supply a true copy of the agreement. Should a creditor supply a copy agreement, even though the debtor has never signed any agreement with that creditor, no indication should be given that it is a true copy or a copy of an executed agreement. To do so may contravene Regulation 5 of the CPRs and be an unfair or improper business practice.

The consequence of the debtor not having signed a credit agreement with the creditor is that the agreement is unenforceable except where the court orders that enforcement may take place. Where the agreement was made before 6th April 2007 the court is not able to make such an order unless the agreement was signed by the debtor.

Therefore it is misleading to state, when complying with a section 77 or 78 request, that the debtor has signed or would have signed (or similar) the enclosed agreement where the debtor has not done so. From 26 May 2008 such a statement will be a breach of the Consumer Protection From Unfair TradingRegulations 2008 (CPRs). Regulation 5 of the CPRs states that a commercial practice is a misleading action if it contains false information in relation to the main characteristics of the product (amongst other matters) and is likely therefore to cause the average consumer to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise. The product in question is the credit agreement and the main characteristics include the ‘execution of the product’ (Regulation 5(5)(d) of the CPRs).

Telling a consumer that he signed such an agreement is also a misleading statement about his rights and the risks he might face as covered by Regulation 5(4)(k) of the CPRs.It is our view that it is likely that a consumer will take a transactional decision to make a payment under the credit agreement or to refrain from exercising his rights under the agreement as a result of being misled about whether he signed it.

Breach of Regulation 5 of the CPRs is a criminal offence under Regulation 9 and can also be enforced under Part 8 of the Enterprise Act 2002. Under section 218A of the Enterprise Act, where an application for an Enforcement Order is made the court may require the Respondent ‘to provide evidence of the accuracy of any factual claim’ (such as a claim that a debtor has signed a credit agreement).

In addition, it should be noted that threats to take action that cannot be taken is listed as one of the factors that will be considered in assessing aggressive practices in Regulation 7(2) of the CPRs

remove the "i do not acknowledge any debt" comment

Unless you have never had the use of the money, which i would suggest is not the case here

you have to remember if this goes to court, that letter will be disclosed, whereby the judge will see that letter as an attempt to debt avoid and it is likely the judge would take a harsh approach

thats my view of course, but i am in and out of course daily with clients and if i had a pound for each time a judge commented on that line i would be rich

if you remain silent on this point, are you admitting the debt by saying nothing? no of course not

i am saying you look like a filthy debtor for the court,

My principal solicitor said to me while i was training, " never send anything that you wouldnt want to be placed before a judge"

I am in and out of court daily, i am providing you with an insight, as to the view of the courts which i am seeing, and many of my clients use the phrase like that from these forums and it is most unhelpful.

So, up to you, but if you listen to what im saying, you will ditch the sentence