Help with complaint against Marston Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I had some problems with a fine issued by my local court and it was passed to Marstons. It's all paid now but I was unhappy with the conduct of the Bailiff.

I emailed the companys customer care team with my complaint which was:

The Bailiff verbally informed my flatmate of how much I had paid to date and how much I was still owing. He also never sealed any paperwork it was always just put through the letter box or passed to my flatmate. I see this as a breach of the Data Protection Act.

I got a letter back from the 'customer care team' which states that they will not uphold my complaint because the bailiff informed them that he followed company procedure. The bailiff also stated that he phoned my mother about part payment on the warrant and that he sought my permission. This is a blatant lie, he never once asked me for permission and he has never even spoken to my mother or even called her!!

Who can I escalate my complaint to? The local court that issued my warrant or is there a governing body?

Thanks in advance for any help

Obviously Marstons are going to believe their Bailiffs word against yours. If you haven't got any independent witness to what was said or done then unfortunately you will be on to a loser. Next stage after the Bailiff Company is usually one of their Trade Associations - oops forgot they are funded by the Bailiff Companies, so probably pointless. A complaint to the Court may work but don't forget they are going to ask for the Bailiffs version which you already have.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How are the witnesses known to you. The reason I ask that is because if you are more than a passing acquaintance of them they will not be seen to be totally independent. Please note I'm not trying to defend the Bailiff but pointing out some of the pitfalls you may come up against.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I do have witnesses, and they are willing to provide statements that the Bailiff is lying. So reckon I contact the court? I have made a complaint today against them to the ICO under the Data Protection Act.

I'm interested to know how your complaint to the ICO develops.

My complaint about Rossendales / North East Lincolnshire Council about careless handling of sensitive data was made to the ICO over 7 months ago. There's still no outcome.

Customer care and marstons have never been used in the same sentance.

If you have a grievance with a certificated bailiff about his conduct, then you make an official complaint

Phone the bailiff on his mobile and ask which court issues his bailifs certificate then quickly end the call. Complete and send a Form 4 to the issuing court.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/form4_0606.pdf

If you are seeking to reclaim a monetary loss from a bailiff then its the Small claims track and name both the creditor and the bailiff as joint defendants.

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Have your ducks in a row first.

Professional property investor and conveyancer