Re Having To Use A Lieu Day For Xmas Day

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my hubby works for a large bus company in Scotland. They do not work on Xmas Day or Boxing Day. the whole premises are closed.

He has just had a phonecall from work today telling him that he does not have enough Lieu Days left to cover him for both Xmas day and Boxing Day.

I have never heard or encountered anything of this before. I have nearly always worked on transport (The Railways), but because my job was not required on those days, then we got them off. Paid. We certainly didn't have to use our lieu days.

Can anyone tell me if this is new, common practice. Or a total load of rubbish.

thanks

No. I'm saying that hubby needs to check his CoE because payment for Bank Holidays

isn't an automatic right, or failing that contact his HR department and ask them to explain

the reason or Contract provision behind their claim. I'm not party to any of that information

and would not be qualified to comment as such. But in essence, yes they could.

Large bus companies generally have a Trade Union that can be called on for support to.

Apparently what the company do is give you so many holidays per year, but they hold on to 4, 2 for xmas and 2 for new year.

Sounds perfectly normal to me. If this is the case and hubby hasn't saved enough holiday

time then it's likely he won't get paid. Best check and be sure though.

Your only entitlement to holiday comes from the minimum outlined under the working time regs and any extra granted under your contract.

Wording of the contract is all important. The reason for this is that the bank holidays have been moved from saturday and sunday (crimbo and boxing day) to monday and tuesday. Contracts are written in advance and are generally not drafted well enough to cover changes in circumstances.

If you can tell us the clause and the amount of holiday he has we may be able to help more. Also, is he working the monday and tuesday?