CCA sent to Lowell(Egg) & Hampton (HSBC) but

eliza-gabriella

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I always appreciate any advice I get from this forum.

I have sent 2 CCA letters to Lowell (rgd Egg) and Hampton (HSBC) and got reply letters from them (actually both Lowell anyway) recently.

But their reponses are rather different.

One for Egg, they sent 2 letters separetely. One is an official reply letter attached with the original letter they had supposedly sent to us to inform when they took over the debt from Egg in Nov 2008. The thing is, I can point out to them when I send "Acount in despite" letter back, this letter was fabricated as it has our current address but WE DID NOT LIVE HERE in 2008. We lived at the different address. They only created this letter just now.

The other letter was the standard payment request letter with how to make payment with brief words acknowliding our CCA request with CALL US with any questions message.

Anyway from these letters, it sounds like that they think they may not find the original CCA in time, just politely asking us to be patient enought to wait while they are wainting for CCA to be sent from Egg.

I quote here;

"We will do our best to send you the information you asked for within 12 working days but this does depend on then your original lender can send it. We will let you know if we do not hear from them in time".

Whereas the other reponse letter for HSBC/Hampton/Lowell, they did not even bother to send a formal reply letter. They just sent us the usual how to make payment information letter with brief words saying

"News on your credit agreement request:

We have been in touch with HSBC bank about the copy of your credit agreement. They have let us know they are trying to retrieve the agreement from their archive.

Once you have seen your credit agreement, WE WILL ASK YOU TO PAY your outstanding balance IN FULL."

It sound almost threatening.....

These responses came from the same Lowell (though one is about Egg, the other HSBC), their tone is totally different.

I am now trying to draft up "Account in Dispute" letters since they did not manage to send me the original CCA within the time frame (12 + 2 days) that they were legally obliged to but shall I send the same template letter to them ?

Anything I should add apart from the standard response in this situation?

I would apprecaite any help from any one.

Thank you.

That is very interesting....especially so as that letter which they supposedly sent you in 2008 could be court evidence in the future....you should send a copy of that to the Office Of Fair Trading, it seems they have deliberately re-created the document....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

I would send just one A/C in dispute letter but put both account numbers on it. They are the same company so they should be able to pass the letter from one desk to another. OH hang on, this is Lowells we are talking about. Better send two :lol:

I would also report that letter purported to have been sent by Lowells, to the OFT but I wouldn't tell Lowells - YET. The OFT won't do anything with your report but collate the info for when they have enough complaints and then act

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If lowells were to attempt court action in the future, they would rely on a notice of assignment being sent to you. This (obviously) should have been at your previous address. As they have sent this NoA to your present address, it may throw doubt as to the accuracy of any claim. That is my take on it. Others may differ

You could play with them and say that you know that they couldn't have sent the NoA but don't go into details

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE