Lowell Portfolio and Bankruptcy Proceedings

alf2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank ypu so much again. Just to be clear, are you saying I should cut & paste your previous post, plus copies of CCA and SAR letters sent today, into a statement, have it witnessed and take it to the court and sent to their solicitor?

And once again, if my defence is rejected, can I then just offer to pay in full (family would probably help if it was really BR) and avoid the BR and thats that or has it gone too far and BR is given and all is lost?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If worst comes to worst then yes, but be warned their costs could be quite substantial.....if the judge sees it your way and it is an abuse of process then I would be claiming my costs in court !!! don't be a soft target...

Sorry to keep coming back to the forum, but I cannot find a local solicitor from the Law Society versed in Bankruptcy to look through the paperwork, maybe I can use an Insolvency practitioner?

I'm not sure about the Affidavit. There doesn't seem to be one specifically for the SD, nothing headed Affidavit, only a certificate from the bloke saying he came to the house, and a statement of truth from the solicitor saying the blokes statement is true to his best knowledge. There is nothing relating to serving the BR at all, and nothing was sent by post either, so if I hadnt gone to the court, I would have nothing.

Thanks again to all. I composed the defence and it is posted and filed.

The Clerk seemed to expect the other side to apply for extension since there was nothing in the file regarding service or substituted service of the BP.