style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Asking the question for my ex partner.

She has been judged to have been cohabiting whilst claiming benefits and the local council and benefits office have now said they want 2 years worth of back money off her. She hasnt been prosecuted and to be fair boyfriend was not staying there very often but they say he was and thats that as far as they are concerned.

She has no assets, her home is rented and she does not own any cars or other items of value.

Her boyfriend has now moved in permanently as she has nothing coming in at all now.

He is a contractor who only has periodic work so has no assets either.

Would this be written off if she went bankrupt.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

Does'nt matter, found what I was looking for.

Must say I am surprised at no response in over 24 hours. the forum does seem to be slowing down in that respect.

3. What is a qualifying debt?

Not all debts can be included in a debt relief order. Only certain types of debts qualify such as:

• credit cards, overdrafts and loans
  • rent, utilities, telephone and council tax
  • benefit overpayments and social fund loans
  • hire purchase or conditional sale agreements
  • buy now-pay later agreements.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

Hi there.

You posted up your query over the weekend, less people are around then.

I usually monitor this section of the debt forums weekdays between 8am and 8pm :)

I'm glad you found the answer, let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks sequenci.

I think since the forum split into loads of subsections, some posts do seem to get missed a bit more than usual especially since the DCA's and Legal issues became seperate.

Reassuring to know that there is someone around in the backround though.

I do have a question re the DRO though.

I have spoken to my ex today and she says she has recieved the paperwork from the DSS setting out the overpayment but to date has not recieved any formal demand from the Council although all payments were stopped after her interview some months ago.

As this is likely to be housing benefit and council tak overpayments, if she went for the DRO now, what would the position be regarding them being included as my understanding from the information gleaned is a debt which appears after the DRO cannot be included.

Should she wait until all demands are in or would the Council overpayments still count as they are for a period prior to the DRO.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

understanding from the information gleaned is a debt which appears after the DRO cannot be included.

Should she wait until all demands are in or would the Council overpayments still count as they are for a period prior to the DRO.

I think this is a good idea as the DRO will need to have the precise amounts listed, so the 'final' demand should be waited for IMO.