virgin media fraud payment

trueblue924

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys got a strange one here. The other day we phoned virgin media to pay our bill. We agreed to pay a fee of £53.25 and completed the transaction there seemed to be a hitch and we had to give the card details again, we did so and didnt think anything of it. As the day went on we checked our online banking and low and behold there was no money in the bank, when there should have been just under one hundred quid. So we contacted the bank that told us virgin media had taken a payment of £53.95 and one for £98.35 which was set to recur every month. God only knows why he took that payment so we got in touch with virgin who swore blind that we had only made one payment on there systems. The next day we contacted the bank to let them know what virgin had said they told us the payment was linked to virgin media but it was slightly different so it could be a compnay linked to virgin media and they passed it on to there fraud team and gave us the authorisation code for the payment. Again we rang virgin who again was not bothered at all kept saying virgin havent taken this money, i gave them the four digit transaction code for the payment given to me by the bank and low and behold they couldnt find it, the lady said she was going to pass it on to a manager who would contact the virgin media fraud team the next day. The next day came and we were contacted by the banks fraud team who have stopped the card so no more money can be taken and because it was a visa debit they refunded the money back onto the card they also gave me the transaction code. Then we rang virgin media to see what was happening and again they were not interested and saying that no payment was taken. I am now very ****ed off with virgin but just dont know what i can do for them to take action, this seems to be the staff member of virgin media stealing money out of my account and god know how many other accounts.. What can i do about this to make virgin media take some action and would i be entitled to compensation for this theft from virgin media as it has made me incur extra costs due to the money not being in the bank and also having to wait for a new card.

The problem is, if Virgin say the have not taken the money, and your bank had refunded the erroneous (or fraudulent) payment, that's really an end to the matter. Yes, a staff member could misappropriate your card details, but they certainly could not make it show up as a Virgin debit. As the card has been cancelled VM cannot take anything from the card in future. It might be useful to write to Virgim Media and explain what happened, asking for an assurance that should you provide your card details again, you want to be sure the funds taken are only for the amounts you explicitly authorise.