is anyone else on Virgin Media having problems paying by direct debit?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i set up a direct debit twice and both times it's failed.

on my Virgin bill it just says...D.D Denied-No Account

i have def' given the correct bank and virgin details, but Virgin don't seem able to take out the money.

*september - set up direct debit

*5th october - D.D Denied-No Account

*on holiday so didn't find out until got paper bill [i usually get E-bills] sometime after the 18th of october [when i got the REMINDER bill]

*22nd october - paid balance by PayPoint.

*6th november - sent DD form to set up direct debit AGAIN

*7th december - D.D Denied-No Account -> i found this out on the same day because i happened to log into my virgin account to see what phone usage i'd been charged so far [for my bill due in about 1 and a 1/2 weeks time]

i changed to paying by direct debit so i wouldn't get the non-direct-debit fee, yet all i've had is stress because of this.16x16_smiley-mad.gif

what's going on?

Hi,ring Virgin media and they should either set up a direct debit for you or they will send a direct debit mandate out to you to fill in and return,you should then get a letter from them when your direct debit will be taken.When you fill in the mandate,you have to leave the first number of your account off,example if account number is123456789 omit the number 1.I hope this helps.

barns66

Edited by barns66
adding

Virginmedia knoweth not what they are doing when it comes to bills... so if you can change to a different provider I would recommend it, just leaving broadband in place. They have screwed my bills for the last six months and even though I have complained still keep producing fictitious 'brought forward' amounts which never seem to clear down.

I have now got the old BT line back up with Plusnet and am getting an Internet TV/PC so I am not held to ransom by Virgin.

I believe their billing is 'outsourced' to India - they won't confirm this either way with me so I suspect strongly that it is, hence you never get anyone who understands the real issues and root cause of the problem.

I wouldn't let them do direct debit, one Xmas they took a double payment out of my account the day before Xmas Eve and I had a hell of a job getting hold of somebody to get the money back ASAP, bank did an emergency refund and then tried again to take 'their' refund back!

SILLYGIRL

i'm sorry to hear you've had so many problems with Virgin.

i've been with Virgin since 2006 and my parents have for a year or so more than that.

my parents pay by direct debit, but they've never had any problems until now.

on the friday the 10th...after AGES getting really angry and fustrated on the phone to virgin...i was told i could only set up a direct debit [again] by them sending me a form to fill in and me sending it back.16x16_smiley-mad.gif so i doubt i'll have the DD set up in time for the bill that i'll get soon.

it wasn't until near the end of the call that i found out the reason the DD hadn't worked was because they had the wrong account number...that's twice in a row.16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

i gave all the correct numbers...on the phone the 1st time...on the DD form the 2nd time. my dad was with me, so he's a witness to that.

i really hope virgin can get thier act together.16x16_smiley-sad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i just received an email from Virgin about the direct debit mess...

Thank you for your e-mail dated 25 December 2010 regarding your direct debit.

I have looked through your account and can see that the direct debit has now been set up and you will not be charged the 5.00(GBP) administration charge again.

I have made the decision not to refund anything else back to you as in October you had the 10.00(GBP) late payment charge credited back to you and in November you had two 5.00(GBP) administration charges credited back to you.

I understand this may not be the answer you expected and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have any problems with your direct debit in future please call customer service free from your home phone on 150 and they will be happy to help.

Again i apologise for any distress this may have caused you.

yes i got the non-direct-debit charges refunded each month, but if Virgin pulled thier finger out of thier a*** i wouldn't be in this mess.16x16_smiley-mad.gif

does amyone think i should be compensated for this?

or am i just expect i too much from a company.:violin:

No. Take your business elsewhere.

Legally, everyone who has a DD is still liable if payment is not taken - this is well established. The fact there may be a no-fault glitch does not relieve the customer of the responsibility - which is why DDs are not the solution to a problem, but a creator of many. For the record, I wouldn't trust VM with any DD. But I still use their service. I just have to ensure I pay them regularly and on time, which is a small price to pay.

No. Take your business elsewhere.

Legally, everyone who has a DD is still liable if payment is not taken - this is well established. The fact there may be a no-fault glitch does not relieve the customer of the responsibility - which is why DDs are not the solution to a problem, but a creator of many. For the record, I wouldn't trust VM with any DD. But I still use their service. I just have to ensure I pay them regularly and on time, which is a small price to pay.

Unfortunatly though VM will charge you £5 per month for this. I now pay nearly all my bills by SO, but I'm not prepared to pay an extra £5, so I still pay VM by DD.

Andy

I only pay £1.50pm, it shows on my bill asa recurring loyalty discount. This was after negotiations where I was to calling them in court that the £60pa did not reflect the costs of my paying them via BACS under my control. A win was assured at e old rate, but having reduced it to 'only' £18pa meant taking a risk, as I wanted to whole charge removed. As it stands, the new rate is better than nothing, so if you wish same you'll need to do the same dance, and accept their resolution. Or leave.

• 3 weeks later...

*on the 29th of December i paid 20 pound by Paypoint...which went through fine. i did this so the

*direct debit due around the 5th of january would be less.

*around the 4th-6th of january [not sure] i got the direct debit confimation letter...it was dated the 29th of december...the number were all correct. i also noticed the direct debit details were on my E-bill information on the Virgin website.

*the direct debit was meant to go around the 5th of january.

it's now the 13th of january and still nothing has been debited.:x

i suppose now i have to go through the usually ages on the phone...paying by another method...reversing the late charge and non-direct-debit fee...and try again next month.

i'm losing the will to carry on.16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I only pay £1.50pm, it shows on my bill asa recurring loyalty discount. This was after negotiations where I was to calling them in court that the £60pa did not reflect the costs of my paying them via BACS under my control. A win was assured at e old rate, but having reduced it to 'only' £18pa meant taking a risk, as I wanted to whole charge removed. As it stands, the new rate is better than nothing, so if you wish same you'll need to do the same dance, and accept their resolution. Or leave.

good for you.

how did you go about it?

good for you.

how did you go about it?

I'm interested in this too..By BACS I assume that you mean paying by standing orderr direct into Virgin's account or is BACS actually something different ?

Andy