Comet - Poor customer service

AnnC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a nightmare with Comet and their poor customer service. They were supposed to repair my sons lap top and apparently made a mess of the repair and the store said not to collect it as they were going to send it straight back to the repair. They then refused to carry out the repair unless I got another reference number from Domestic & General, but even then apparently my laptop has sat in the store's storage room for the last 10 days never having been picked up. I have wasted the last two days trying to track the laptop down, Domestic & General blame Comet for the lack of information and say that they struggle to contact the actual stores. I have been promised phone calls back from the Comet Store which never happened and gradually I got to the point today when I was being told by D&G that no one at Comet seemed to know where the lap top was and it was potentially lost. They said they would replace the lap top but not the Microsoft Office package that I had installed. I didn't see why I should have to pay out £100 to replace it and threatened to sue Comet for the cost if they refused to replace it. I eventually threatened to leave work and go down to the store and cause a scene and guess what miraculously the laptop was suddenly discovered in the storeroom. I am advised that Comet have had no drivers for more than a week as all the agency drivers were rerouted to the supermarkets - is that true?

Their poor customer service and failure to keep me informed of what has happened, or in this case never happened, to my laptop has caused tremendous stress. Surely a phone call last week to let me know that the laptop had still not been picked up would have helped. Instead I have wasted hours on the phone trying to find out where it is. I am now assured that tomorrow it will be picked up and taken to be repaired. This doesn't help my son who is now faced with not having a lap top to do his GCSE revision over the Christmas period.

Can anyone advise if the laptop had gone missing who would have been responsible for the replacement of the Microsoft Office package. I would have thought Comet but maybe someone else will advise different.

• 2 weeks later...

I did try to send a PM but never received a response. I have sent another one this morning. You may/may not be surprised to know that the laptop came back last Friday but luckily my son opened it at the store and found that the original repair they were supposed to have undertaken - hadn't! Comet are now insisting that I get yet another reference number from D&G before they will send it back to their own repair centre to actual do the repair. D&G are no better. Because I had complained I now can only deal with the complaints team I can't actual ask anyone to undertake the repair. They wouldn't even ring Comet on Friday to ask them to send back the laptop, I have to wait until today when the relevant complaint person comes into work.

Hi Ann

That is disappointing, write a Formal Letter of Complaint , mark the E-mail as such. Hugh Harvey is the CEO of Comets [email protected]

Tell him exactly whats happened, why you think it is unfair, and what you want him to do. Give him as much information as possible.

Ann, is that a snow pun, 'I'll be on a roll!':-)

Thanks. I've have done that. Now all I need is the CEO of Domestic and General's email and I'll be on a roll!

Just thought it was appropriate at this time of the year, especially looking out the window today. Always thought black ice was black, its not trust me, its transparent and another reason why my laptop will not get back to the repair centre this side of Christmas. Thanks for the chuckle!

Hi Ann

I can't find a direct e-mail, but you could use the e-mail address on this site, mark the e-mail Formal Letter of Complaint, Attention of CEO

Address it to John Pearmund

Executive Director, Chief Executive.

http://corporate.domgen.com/contact-us/index.html