Help

chagoi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone help me I think I have been silly over the past couple of years since I was made unemployed, I have agreed to pay Apex & other loan companies £1.00 a month but now I am getting threats from them asking me for more money and also threatening bailifs etc.

Is there a way I can stop paying this money as the origonal loans / cards were over six plus years old.

Any help would be apreciated:-(:-(

I

Is there a way I can stop paying this money as the origonal loans / cards were over six plus years old.

Hi, just because you took out these loans & cards over 6 years, does not mean you do not have to pay them. Before stopping your payments, you must first establish :-

Do they have your Original Credit Agreement. ?

Are the accounts frozen, Do you recieve statements ?

Did they follow correct procedures when you defaulted on your payments ?

You need to do a CCA and a SAR to these companies.

Once they respond, depending on what documents they produce, then decide what to do next.

Good Luck

Debs xx

No you must not ring them, from now on all correspondence must be done in writing, keep copies and send everything recorded post.

At this stage, you only deal with the companies who "Own" the debts.

A SAR is sent to the companies Data Controller. You have to pay £10 (pay by postal order).

The CCA, send this to the company/department demanding payment & threatening bailiffs. this costs £1(again, use a postal order)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?609-Can-t-find-the-letter-you-want-Look-here

This link takes you too all the letter templates.