My Issue

Swimboy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Fellow Forum Members

I have reached the point in my job search when I have no income left and therefore am unable to keep up Credit Card and loan repayments at the moment until I can get back into work.

The strategy I am considering is to open a basic account at another bank like Co-operative to have my benefits paid in to. Failing this I cannot pay my rent before my bank, which is Lloyds, will take the money to pay a direct debit to a card or loan. I don't wish to end up being evicted!

I shall start to pay my arrears as soon as I start back at work and make good the shortfall, but at the moment can anyone tell me how soon the bank will start to hassle me for the missed payments? One of best friends finally heard from his bank, Barclays, two months later and by the time several letters were sent to him, he was back in work and already paying his arrears anyway.

Am I at least thinking along the right lines and will it take them some time to catch up with the missed payments in order to give me that little bit of breathing space to try to get back to work asap?

Thanks for reading this friends

Swimboy

Hello Swimboy, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Hiya and welcome to CAG,

It may be wise to cacel any direct debits fromt he account so they cannot add charges for them.

You normally hear from them after missing any payments.

This is also a good blog thay may help as well

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?284056-Looking-to-deal-with-your-debts-Unsure-where-to-start-Follow-the-debt-blog-gt-gt

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)