Medhotels.com or Hotels4u---beware of their T&C's.

scaniaman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not had much luck with holidays in the latter part of this year.

In May, we had our first visit to Monte Gordo in the Algarve, near Spannish border. We booked a "Studio" at the Alba Hotel. On seeing this room we immediately felt claustrophobic--never had a studio before.

On speaking to the pathetic excuse of a manager, we paid an extra £70 and was given a top floor flat with pool view. This room was ideal and played a major part in the enjoyment of our well earned rest.

The whole holiday experience was, for us, really great. So much so, that instead of taking our autumn holiday in our beloved Puerto Pollenca, we opted for a second dose of Monte Gordo & district. Went on and booked hotel with Medhotels/ 4u or whatever name they used that day, and specified that booking was on the strict understanding that we got the same room (503). Youv'e guessed it---mega trouble when hotel would not give us the booked room. The room we did get was on a main street, just opposite the local recycling centre, where the lorries came late at night / through the night to empty the bins. There had also been a locals cafe opened here since May and the locals don't speak to each other --they shout. There are stray dogs at night who compete strongly with the locals to see who can make the most noise--result--no sleep for 4 nights. We doth protest-- EVENTUALLY given another room further along the corridor, which was more spacious but had large trees overshadowing the balcony--no great problem at first, but by second night we were eaten alive by insects, which weren't even deterred by a powerful insect cream bought at local chemists.

On contacting Medhotels on our return, they said they would investigate our complaint-- BUT IT WOULD TAKE A MINIMUM OF THREE WEEKS TO REPLY. When they eventually replied,7weeks later, their excuse was that nobody accepts bookings for a specific room as per their T&Cs. Surprise surprise.

They stick to this even although they admit that my booking was room specific, but refused to answer why i was not told at time of booking, what their position, and that of the hotels, was. I told them that they trade on Greed and not customer satisfaction.

It is very difficult to imagine the difference between the two holidays. Chalk and cheese.:mad2:

Edited by scaniaman

Thats what you get with dealing with a timeshare company called Medhotel Group, I have seen many comments from disgruntled customers.... Most clients dont know they are a timeshare outfit

Not had much luck with holidays in the latter part of this year.

In May, we had our first visit to Monte Gordo in the Algarve, near Spannish border. We booked a "Studio" at the Alba Hotel. On seeing this room we immediately felt claustrophobic--never had a studio before.

On speaking to the pathetic excuse of a manager, we paid an extra £70 and was given a top floor flat with pool view. This room was ideal and played a major part in the enjoyment of our well earned rest.

The whole holiday experience was, for us, really great. So much so, that instead of taking our autumn holiday in our beloved Puerto Pollenca, we opted for a second dose of Monte Gordo & district. Went on and booked hotel with Medhotels/ 4u or whatever name they used that day, and specified that booking was on the strict understanding that we got the same room (503). Youv'e guessed it---mega trouble when hotel would not give us the booked room. The room we did get was on a main street, just opposite the local recycling centre, where the lorries came late at night / through the night to empty the bins. There had also been a locals cafe opened here since May and the locals don't speak to each other --they shout. There are stray dogs at night who compete strongly with the locals to see who can make the most noise--result--no sleep for 4 nights. We doth protest-- EVENTUALLY given another room further along the corridor, which was more spacious but had large trees overshadowing the balcony--no great problem at first, but by second night we were eaten alive by insects, which weren't even deterred by a powerful insect cream bought at local chemists.

On contacting Medhotels on our return, they said they would investigate our complaint-- BUT IT WOULD TAKE A MINIMUM OF THREE WEEKS TO REPLY. When they eventually replied,7weeks later, their excuse was that nobody accepts bookings for a specific room as per their T&Cs. Surprise surprise.

They stick to this even although they admit that my booking was room specific, but refused to answer why i was not told at time of booking, what their position, and that of the hotels, was. I told them that they trade on Greed and not customer satisfaction.

It is very difficult to imagine the difference between the two holidays. Chalk and cheese.:mad2:

• 1 year later...

I couldn't agree more!!!!

I booked with Hotels4U last August. We stayed at The Majesty Tuana in Turkey. The whole booking proccess was simple & I have to admit they have a great website, but that is the only positive thing to say about this company. I never received the room type I had paid for. I had to fight to eventually receive the correct room. HOTELS4U put this down as "human error". More importantly, my 3 year old suffered Salmonella poisoning. I have a copy of her test results & doctors notes. HOTELS4U sent me a letter "apologising for the inconvenience & hope my daughter is feeling better now!!!!!" Diabolical behaviour!!! Very insincere & basically couldn't give 2 hoots!!! As usual, quick to take my money bit not so quick to investigate my allegations! As for being part of Thomas Cook, I've phoned them twice & they couldn't give a toss either. It's now over 20 weeks since I made my complaint & still nothing......Be very careful before you give them your hard earned cash as if you have any problems you'll be on your own!!!! It may cost you a little more money, but I'd strongly advise you go for a package holiday everytime. You really are on your own when you book a "DIY holiday" Trust me!!!! I learnt the hard way!!!! Fortunately after weeks of illness my 3 year old made a full recovery, but somebody else may not be so lucky!!! I have a HUGE amount of fight in me & I will never give up!!!

......Also beware of Medhotels and holidayhotels.com....they are the same company as Hotels4U. They just trade under different names.....to confuse us......You have been warned!!!!