Easyjet--Can't overrule a computer.

scaniaman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We booked our first ever flight with easyjet to Krakow for 6/12. Whilst waiting at boarding gate we could see the weather closing in with heavy snow, and you guessed it--flight cancelled. No information on what to do so we went downstairs and there were long queues at airline desks. Just as we left terminal we saw a very long queue which was channeled by easyjet tape, so we joined the queue to see what they were saying to passengers. 1 yes only 1 person dealing with well over 100 people's queries!!!!!! After waiting some considerable time in the very slow moving queue, we decided that the weather was getting to the serious stage and our first priority must be to get to our car and try to get home. Eventually we did manage home, 5 hrs for a 40min journey.

Having read threads on this site re refunds from airlines, i thought it best to immediately go online and ask for refund as there were no more flights for this week. This i did mid evening. Within half an hour a concerned relative phoned--long story--but said she would cover our responsibilities if we could book for next week. Easyjet's phone line closed, so used their so called email system and asked that refund be suspended--would contact them on 7/12 am

Tried twice to phone them on their 10ppm phone line--no use. Spent rest of day trying to get answers on their email system. EVENTUALLY.get crap back, and on third phone call managed to speak to a human who's father was "not an Aberdeenshire farmer." This guy said that because i had asked for refund, the "Computer" was processing my request and he (they) could not overrule the computer. In the intervening period i had printed off boarding passes for next weeks flight!!!!! but the easyjet guy said they would be cancelled and if i wanted to go next week i would have to book afresh and pay the £80+ extra for this flight. At this, i advised him where he could shove his airline. The reason i pursued this was that on their website under my "Payment section" it showed my payment and refund, but also a very strange entry for £106+ which i didn't understand. The easyjet guy said it was their internal figures or some weired excuse.

Well, we aint going to Krakow now, and it has cost me my hotel bill which is not refundable.

So, it appears with easyjet you can't change your mind---the computer won't allow it.

It was my understanding that Humans controlled computers and not vice versa!!! This crap would not have been tollerated when i was in business, and i for one will not tolerate it now.

None of my family will ever use easyjet. Incidentally, when you do phone them you are put on to the "Easyjet Experience"--i told the guy that phoning them was the "Worst Experience" of my life.:mad2: