Online order - money taken - no stock - no refund - advice on CC rules please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I placed an online order with a company on the 22nd Nov. The company offers free next day delivery which is the only reason I choose to buy from them. No goods had turned up by the 25th Nov ( 3 working days ).

When I chased the supplier up, I was told stock was low and the items would be with me the next day ( 26th Nov ). Still nothing arrived so I called back and was told there was still stock issues. They agreed to cancel the order and refund my credit card which would take 3 to 5 working days.

Its now the 7th Dec ( 6 working days ) and no refund has shown up. I contacted my CC provider to dispute the transaction and seek a chargeback. I have been asked to fill in a form and supply some evidence ( ie website page ) that shows they offer next day delivery, which I have done.

I've now recently noticed in the companies online T&C's that they claim if stock is low they have 30 days to supply, but they should have let me known they were out of stock. So will my CC provider hang on for the full 30 days or accept the next day delivery statement on the front page of their website before they refund ?

The company have never contacted me once, I've had to chase them all the way.

• 2 weeks later...

THey shouldn't have debited your card eiither - they can certanly suggest they have 30 days to supply out of stock items, but not whilst you;re out the money. DSR covers you, and your CC should refund regardless.