Netbook less than 1 month out of warranty(staples)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

purchase date 12/11/2009

£229.99

now 08/12/2010

netbook has a minor fault

needs the F2 key pressing to continue start up and looses it's time and date every restart

I know its probably the Cmos battery (think watch battery) or possibly not

worth taking it to staples?

or get a pc techie buddy to pop it open and stick a new watch battery in

Edited by cirian75

I wouldn't ask anyone to open it up just yet, as that could possibly void any warranty you may still have on it (depending if it has tamper markings). That does definitely sound like the CMOS battery has failed (a common fault) and is a simple fix. However if you took it back to Staples, the most they would do is send it away for repair which may take weeks. Having someone else look at it would be much quicker and shouldn't cost too much, but may jeopardise your position should the netbook suffer a more serious fault in future.

Please note;

I am not a legally qualified solicitor and all my advice is based on my past experiences in the relevant field. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidance only.

I would always recommend to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.