P800 demand for tax....Panicking slightly!

boggler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope I have posted in the right forum. I have basically received a demand for £2100 in unpaid income tax from Inland Revenue under their P800 tax calculation. Essentially, I have paid all my tax for 2009-2010 at Basic rate when I should have paid higher rate on about £5000. No real arguments about this except that I pay everything via PAYE.

I think the problem stems from the fact I had three jobs simultaneously so two of them deducted tax at basic rate and the other one used the BR code. My question is: How much of this is my fault? Should I have informed the taxman that I think I am not paying enough tax? For me £2000 is a lot of money to pay back in one go!

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Hi,

I hope I have posted in the right forum. I have basically received a demand for £2100 in unpaid income tax from Inland Revenue under their P800 tax calculation. Essentially, I have paid all my tax for 2009-2010 at Basic rate when I should have paid higher rate on about £5000. No real arguments about this except that I pay everything via PAYE.

I think the problem stems from the fact I had three jobs simultaneously so two of them deducted tax at basic rate and the other one used the BR code. My question is: How much of this is my fault? Should I have informed the taxman that I think I am not paying enough tax? For me £2000 is a lot of money to pay back in one go!

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Any ideas anyone? I am quite stuck at the moment!