Shop Direct CCA, is it correct? I am confused now!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have visions of you running up and down "Can yer hear me now?"......... "What about now?"....on tip toe from the nearest small rock surrounded by sheep!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You would be amazed how accurate that is at times. It's amazing what difference literally a few inches can make from getting a perfect signal to one, and then by the time you've had a 5 minute conversation, your arm is virtually dropping off from trying to hold the phone without it moving an inch in case you lose the call.

Then of course there's the scenario where you have a perfect signal, the phone can't move as it's on loudspeaker on the chair beside you and just for devilment the signal mysteriously totally vanishes and you can't find another one - usually half way through the important bit of a call! lol All part of the fun of living in Wales.

Thank you MM, the usual passing of old age is one thing, but to be hammered and stabbed to death is something completely different, something which no words could ever begin to beguile the tragic loss of someone so dear!

Onwards & Upwards, hope your having a good extended weekend!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 4 weeks later...

The strangest part of all this thread to me is where interest is coming from as Kays don't charge interest!

Would be an idea to check they did not make your account into a loan as I have heard of this happening a few years back, which would make sense with the dates they seem to be quoting, not an issue for you but may be where they are getting their info.

This would show up on your SAR.

Hope it works out for you as I despise S/D as much as anybody on here.

cheers

Hi madcap, they tried turning the debt into a loan with interest, is that what you mean? No matter in the end, the dca will either accept an offer of what i can afford or they will have to take me to court and explain how the cca they have supplied is several years wrong and its not my handwriting!!!

I understand your hate though, they would rather increase the debt than let you try to bring it down. :-x

Don't forget all their charges are open to assessment and unenforceable, I have in the last 10 days acted on behalf of a relative got back well over £500 for her on 3 accounts, so this is something to keep in mind if any agreement is finally reached and also if you wanted to dispute the D/N.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Oh well, its been quiet for a while but today a letter has popped through the door which includes both a notice of assignment from Shop Direct and an introduction to Lowells.

Lowells go on to say that they have been SOLD the debt so i assume that means they are not acting on behalf of and they most likely bought the debt cheap.

Looking forward to telling them that the cca is a disgrace and all the details are incorrect. But as per general advice, i will ignore the first correspondance :-)

I wonder how much a DCA pays for a lemon these days? :madgrin:

Incidentally, the default was supposed to happen in May but it still doesnt show on my credit file!

I wouldn't tell them about the CCA and it's failings, just send them the usual account already in dispute with the previous moron who flogged it to an even dumber moron, ha ha, I'll be available for court on Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday afternoons.