Mister Cheque! AKA Blackheath Loans... HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Please help.

I took out a £300 pay day loan with Mister Cheque. Repayable over 3 months @ 145.98 a month.

I paid the first payment by debit card. By the time the second payment was due I'd genuinely lost my card. I had forgot to inform them.

As collateral you have to send in 3 x £100 cheques.

They cashed 2 x £100 cheques for the missed payment. The charge for this is £20 per cheque cashed.

Anyway I paid the £129.16 remaining (agreed with David Barnett of Blackheath/Mister Cheque) and my account was confirmed as closed.

They have since (06/12/10) cashed the remaining cheque despite my account being closed.

This was on Monday and they are yet to repay it saying it's being looked into.

In total:

£300 loan

Over 3 months = £437.93

They have taken:

01/10 - 145.98 - card

02/11 - 100 - Cheque

04/11 - 100 - Cheque

01/12 - 129.16 - Card (account closed)

06/12 - 100 - Cheque

Totalling: £575.14

Overpayment of £137.47 on the agreed loan - £40 cheque fees = 97.47 they owe me.

How will I get this money back:

Thanks

Dave

• 2 months later...

A [problem] avoid at all costs

mistercheque

this email is to inform you that i got caught up in the same [problem] by mistercheque.co.uk trading as Commssion Now, operating under a third company called Blackheath loans, a chap called David Barnett all three are being investigated for fraud

I have since reported the matter to the police, as what is clear is that when you apply on line with this company, they tell you that your loan has been approved, at which point then inform you to send them three cheques for the sum of £300.00 + each cheque for £100.00.

Once they have received your cheques with the signed application, you receive an email from them stating that your application has been reviewed again by their underwriters claiming that they have declined the original amount, but letting you know that you have been accepted for around £150.00 payable over 3 months instead as in my case when i applied for £500.00. What happens then is once you have paid the full amount off, normally in 30 days, as i did by visa card, they attempt to cash in your other cheques with out you knowing about it as its under a different name "commission now"

I have been informed by the police that this company run by Nigerians is currently under investigation since they have received overwhelming complaints, i would strongly avoid them at all costs

If you have any cheques made to them, cancel them at the bank and hold onto any money which they have paid you, as you for sure otherwise you will become their next target as i did

good luck

Mike

• 1 month later...

Which authorities are those Sharon?

Speaking of authorities can anybody tell me to whom I should report instances of grossly under-stated APR by a lender please? My calculators both show the APR on this example (quoted from a lender mentioned within this threads website) as equalling 392.9% APR quite a far cry from the advertsised rate of 170.56%.

Amount borrowed £ 100 When does loan finish? 31-05-2011 Length of time borrowed 3 months Payment per month £ 43.23 Total amount to be paid back £ 129.68 APR 170.56 %

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965