Atos gets another 3 years

doktorjohn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Many claimants will be dismayed to learn that Atos Healthcare has been granted a three year extension on its contract with the DWP. The contract is worth over £100 million a year to Atos.

This means that there is no end in sight to the use of LiMA software operated by sessional doctors and nurses to assess claimants capacity for work. It also leaves Atos as the only likely contender to carry out compulsory medicals on all existing DLA claimants from 2014, as no-one else will have had the same opportunity to develop the software and procedures to carry out the new assessments.

Keith Wilman, CEO for Atos Origin said:

“We have a successful and longstanding relationship with the Department for Work and Pensions and are committed to supporting the Government’s welfare reform agenda to help those who are able get back to work and regain their independence.”

Isn't this great news (!) We will all be working in accordance with our government's agenda (!).

:whoo:

Edited by doktorjohn

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Even more alarming is the new proposed changes to include everybody on ESA WRAG who has been given a 3 months and you'll be better by ATOS in the new Workfare Schemes.

This means that you will be in with those on JSA and failure to comply will be sanctionable.

If that wasn't alarming enough how about the fact ATOS have actually won some of the contracts to provide this new scheme.

So award nil points = win

Award 15 points and state better in 3 months = win

If MPs can't see a conflict of interest there then there's Unicorns bouncing round my living room! Still waiting on my Unicorns :|

The leaflets and information from the jobcentres about all the help we can get to improve our lives makes it all sound so reasonable to someone who doesn't know the stark reality.

I keep coming back to Orwell 1984 with the ministries named opposite to what they really were.

- dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

True that DJ

The consensus on the 1st look at the changing of DLA to PIP is that they're going to integrate it into ESA.

1 medical 1 framework of assessment.

Although DLA is nothing to do with working the rhetoric and propaganda coming out is starting to emphasise the social model of disability (i.e. work is the great healer).

The 1st paper out even states DLA is seen by may as a barrier to work? Seriously WTF!

The Government gave themselves a massive loophole when they came out with the phrase,

"everybody is capable of doing something"

In a short while there will be no such thing as being disabled.

Everyone will be on JSA and at any one time there will be a very big proportion of them being sanctioned.

That's how they will save money.

The so called "credit crunch" has given the people in charge a great excuse for bringing in all sorts of draconian measures that we are seeing today.

Its too frightening to contemplate where we are going to end up.

The Government gave themselves a massive loophole when they came out with the phrase,

"everybody is capable of doing something"

In a short while there will be no such thing as being disabled.

Everyone will be on JSA and at any one time there will be a very big proportion of them being sanctioned.

That's how they will save money.

The so called "credit crunch" has given the people in charge a great excuse for bringing in all sorts of draconian measures that we are seeing today.

Its too frightening to contemplate where we are going to end up.

Whilst I agree that's what is happening, it was already happening pre any of this gubbins about credit crunches so that excuse is just opportunistic public opinion band wagon jumping to justify what was happening anyway.

It's easy to see where we are going to end up and it's the insurance model!

There you have 2 options

1; The Euro model (heavily regulated and controlled by the state)

Social Security Benefits in Germany

http://berlin.angloinfo.com/countries/germany/socsecurity.asp

Notes for the Disabled in Germany

http://berlin.angloinfo.com/information/32/disabled.asp

2; you have the US of A model (free market with no regulation)

I'd provide links but the Obama attempts to introduce regulation reforms into a failed system where the insurance companies responsible are facing law suits from states for being despicable says it all.

Guess where we are heading?

Whilst I agree that's what is happening, it was already happening pre any of this gubbins about credit crunches so that excuse is just opportunistic public opinion band wagon jumping to justify what was happening anyway.

It's easy to see where we are going to end up and it's the insurance model!

There you have 2 options

1; The Euro model (heavily regulated and controlled by the state)

Social Security Benefits in Germany

http://berlin.angloinfo.com/countries/germany/socsecurity.asp

Notes for the Disabled in Germany

http://berlin.angloinfo.com/information/32/disabled.asp

2; you have the US of A model (free market with no regulation)

I'd provide links but the Obama attempts to introduce regulation reforms into a failed system where the insurance companies responsible are facing law suits from states for being despicable says it all.

Guess where we are heading?

Agreed, the cuts have been happening for years. The "credit crunch" just gave them a great excuse to dramatically speed thing up.

I'm currently reading a book called The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein.

Its about how you shock the population with really dramatic events like a war or a takeover of the government by the army or something like the economic situation we have now.

Then you bring in all sorts of really strong rules and regulations and cuts like we are seeing now, and the people accept it with open arms as they think its the only way out of the terrible situation.

I'm reading the book saying to myself, "My God this is happening right now".

America has a lot to answer for.