Fredrickson Intl Ltd & Arrow Global

nemesiz8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Newbie here, been called by Fredrickson at work regarding a "personal business matter" however they demanded lots of info from me before they would continue. Naturally I told I was not will to give them anything as they were the ones who called me. Anyways a week later letter lands on my doormat from them asking me to get in contact with them about a "personal matter". Letter was ignored then 2 weeks later another letter lands claiming I owe money to Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd (£270ish).

I am in the process of sending them a "Proof it" letter and was just wondering if they was anything else to do?

I know I have no debts in arrears as I check my credit report monthly and nothing has shown up. The only thing I can think of as a possibility is to do with an Orange incident. Basically 2 accounts were setup in my name fraudulently which I successfully argued with Orange about due to the fact that the date of birth used was wrong on both accounts.I have received and kept the letter from Orange stating that I am no longer liable for the two accounts and them acknowledging the accounts were fraudulently created.

If it turns out to be that incident what should I do and can I drag Orange over the coals for not clearing up the matter even though they said it was resolved?

Thanks in advance

If Frederickson think they might get money out of you they will eventually write to you. I always take the view that if they can't be bothered to write I won't get bothered about what they want. Everything in writing for me I'm afraid - I don't do phones with debts.

They have written to me twice. Once to ask if I was at the address (didn't reply) then the second was a very brief outline of the apparent debt I have, which is with Arrow Global (never heard of them)

I would send them this (get Proof of Postage):

Name/Address:

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR 2008) and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment. I would also remind you, that I/we are aware of the 'MALG' Guidance/Code that you should comply with.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed.

Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Hi Tingy

Thanks for the reply, I've sent the letter via recorded delivery but it shows as still showing as "processing" in the Royal Mail tracking. Also Fredrickson are continuing to bombard my work with calls everyday asking me to call them. Is there anything I can do or should I just wait? I sent the letter on the 8th Dec and I'm guessing Royal Mail has a massive backlog still from all the snow. Also would senting it to the PO Box have any implications?

Thanks

Hi Tingy

Thanks for the reply, I've sent the letter via recorded delivery but it shows as still showing as "processing" in the Royal Mail tracking. Also Fredrickson are continuing to bombard my work with calls everyday asking me to call them. Is there anything I can do or should I just wait? I sent the letter on the 8th Dec and I'm guessing Royal Mail has a massive backlog still from all the snow. Also would senting it to the PO Box have any implications?

Thanks

As far as post is concerned if you've sent it and have proof of sending, which you obviously have, then weather issues are not your problem. If it were me I would send Frederickson the telephone harassment letter (are you making a record / log of all the times they phone you and what is said? If not you need to be!)

As regards Arrow Global I would send a letter (just get proof of postage) and say as they have failed to respond to your letter dated xx/xx/xxxx you have to assume they are intentionally ignoring your request for proof that you are the debtor. You acknowledge no debt at all to this company (VERY important to put that bit in) and you are thus reporting them to the OFT and Trading Standards as you said you would in your letter. In the absence of any forthcoming evidence you now consider this matter closed.

Then make sure you do report them to OFT and Trading Standards - idle threats are pointless!

Strangely enough, since trying to help you with this I too have received a letter from Arrow Global for a debt to Orange. It's a Notice of Assignment and says ALL correspondence must be addressed to Frederickson International Ltd. Looks like we can go through this hand in hand!

Good morning - I am also receiving threatening letters from Fredrickson about an alleged debt to Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd. I have no knowledge of either the amount nor the name ARROW. However I found the suggested letter asking them to prove it helpful and sent along those lines to the PO box and the registered address. However i have received no details as requested but they have sent a "LETTER BEFORE ACTION" which threatens to add costs and obtain a CCJ. I have replied in writing stating again I need details and for them to prove there is a debt - is there anything else I should do - any advice appreciated.

Hi Jiwer,

Welcome to CAG :-)

Arrow Global are debt buyers, so the original debts would be with another company.

Is it a definite Letter Before Action ("we will", "we shall") or a pretend one to worry you into paying ("we may") ?

If you don't want to wait for their response (bearing in mind that this could be a random fishing expedition on their part) you could send them a CCA request for a copy of the agreement, which puts it on a more formal footing and time limits their response.

The link for the CCA letter and further info is in my debt help blog linked below.

You might want to preface the letter with something on the lines of

"I am shocked that you have ignored my letter sent by Recorded Delivery on xxxx in which I stated that I have no knowledge of this debt. Instead I have received a "Letter Before Action" which, as you have not ascertained that I am the person that you seek, or proved the debt in any way by providing documentation, is against OFT guidelines.

I refer you also to CPUTR 2008, and enclose a formal request for a copy of the agreement relating to the alleged debt.

Furthermore please note that I will only discuss this matter in writing for clarity and for reference in making a formal complaint to Consumer Direct and the OFT."

Elsa x

Thanks Elsa, The letter is a "we will" one! I have written to Fredrickson to advise them of my request that they disclose documentation etc to prove there is indeed a debt. I have had a response from Orange to an email I sent them - ( I was told by Fredrickson were the original creditor ) and they helpfully confirmed they have no debt in my name and that my account when closed was perfectly in order. Thus I remain confident that the claims from Fredrickson are fictitious - but I am angry that I have to spend time trying to dismiss their claim. It is nice to know that people like Elsa can help.

regards

• 2 months later...

Elsa - I just wanted to thank you for all your help. I sent off the letters recommended and ultimately heard back from Fredricksons that they had no further instructions in the matter. I hope that Arrow will not resurrect the matter at anytime - but for now all seems quiet! and nothing on my credit record!!

So a big thank you to you for helping and giving good advice.

john

I have had a letter from fredrickson /arrow global claiming that i owe an ex ammount of money,i sent a request for an original signed copy of the credit agreement (plus £1),i received a reply stating that they were unable to provide the CCA and sent my £1 back.They have since sent me a letter claiming that i have not made adequate arrangements to clear the debt,yet they cannot provide me of PROOF of the debt.Should i just ignore them or send them a letter stating that i will report them to the OFT for harrassment.

What's the debt for? AGGL / F'sons are doing a lot of mobile phone contracts (mostly Orange) at the moment. If it is this, a CCA request is useless as a mobile agreement is not covered by CCA. You are still of course quite entitled to have proof of their right to collect a debt. I'd send the Prove It letter.

Fredrickson Intl Ltd & Arrow Global

They have written to me twice. Once to ask if I was at the address (didn't reply) then the second was a very brief outline of the apparent debt I have, which is with Arrow Global (never heard of them).

They put up balance of 256 which i never owed them, Iam wondering how they got my name and sending letter i owe them,

Last week they send asking me to pay, if not i will get ccj,and today i received saying contact us proposals of settlement and put up pay card, and a nearest payment loacation to pay..

could any one advice how should i deal with this please...?

Hi All, I need some help and advice if anybody can help......I have today (18/03/2011) received a letter from Fredrickson International saying that they are acting on behalf of AGGL and that I am supposed to owe AGGL £323.09.....Now I have no idea what soever who these companies are nor have I any idea what this debt is for......I did read a message on here that said Fredrickson or AGGL are dealing with alot of Orange mobile accounts, I rang Orange and explained what has happened especially has I have an Orange monthly contract but Orange have assured me that the letter has most definitely NOT been sent by them especially has I am upto date with my payments on that account....Now I dont really want to go ringing Fredrickson just to see what its all about incase i get too deep into something and not able to find a way out if you see what I mean BUT I am just abit worried has to what the debt might be for especially if an account or something has been opened in my name......HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Hi,

I dont know anything about the debt? But I have send them a prove it letter in registered post ?Let me wait and see wht reply im going to get it.But in the meantime What I wonder is who are these guys, just sending a letter i owe money without clear details, how are they getting my details ?

Is this a debt you think you owe, or is a debt you genuinely know nnothing about?

Hi I don't owe any money to my knowledge to them, Last week i send a Prove it letter to Fredrickson LTD in a registered post.

This week I received a letter from "Bryan Carter Solicitors " where writing says

- Payment must be made in full 14 days failing which we will recommend to our client(Arrow Global Guernsey Limited) that proceedings be issued without further notice.

Should a proceedings be issued,additional charges will be added i.e 256.89+50+15=321.89.

Iam wondering what is happening? Who are these guys sending threatening letter.

Same kind of letter with the above fines was send by Fredrickson before after when I did not reply, they send a letter saying me to pay the actual amount in a payment location. Now after sending the Registered post they are sending a same kind of letter through a Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP.

Could some one HELP me Please.

Thank you and looking forward for your help!!!!

Try this one. I'd be inclined to spend the extra few pounds to send it Special Delivery so it is guaranteed to get there, but that is entirely up to you.

Dear Sir,

I am alarmed and distressed by your conued demands on me to pay money for a debt I know absolutely nothing about and believe I do not owe.

In December I wrote to you asking for proof of the debt, but depite the passage of three months have received nothing at all in return.

The OFT guidelines clearly state that you should not pursue a debt unless you are sure the person owes it - I am sure I do not owe it. Also the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 make it a criminal offence to pursue when I have stated so clearly that this is not my debt and you are pursuing the wrong person.

I will give you one final chance to write to me within 14 days of the date of this letter confirming that you have closed the case as far as my name and address is concerned and destroyed all data you are holding about me, otherwise unfortunately I shall be left with no option but to take this matter to court without further action, where if I win, as I undoubtedly would, you may lose your licence to trade as under CPUTR 2008 you have committed a criminal offence and I will also be seeking compensation for the harrassment and distress caused by these threatening letters.

I look forward to a reply within 14 calendar days of this letter or I will initiate legal proceedins without any further reference to youselves.

Yours sincerely,

Try this one. I'd be inclined to spend the extra few pounds to send it Special Delivery so it is guaranteed to get there, but that is entirely up to you.

Dear Sir,

I am alarmed and distressed by your conued demands on me to pay money for a debt I know absolutely nothing about and believe I do not owe.

In December I wrote to you asking for proof of the debt, but depite the passage of three months have received nothing at all in return.

The OFT guidelines clearly state that you should not pursue a debt unless you are sure the person owes it - I am sure I do not owe it. Also the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 make it a criminal offence to pursue when I have stated so clearly that this is not my debt and you are pursuing the wrong person.

I will give you one final chance to write to me within 14 days of the date of this letter confirming that you have closed the case as far as my name and address is concerned and destroyed all data you are holding about me, otherwise unfortunately I shall be left with no option but to take this matter to court without further action, where if I win, as I undoubtedly would, you may lose your licence to trade as under CPUTR 2008 you have committed a criminal offence and I will also be seeking compensation for the harrassment and distress caused by these threatening letters.

I look forward to a reply within 14 calendar days of this letter or I will initiate legal proceedins without any further reference to youselves.

Yours sincerely,

Hi,

Thank you for the letter,

Where I would like to know to whom do you want me to send this letter

Because initially i send to -Fredrickson and now i have received the letter from the Bryan Carter solictors

Thank you