Car: Mis-Sold & Not being fit for its purpose -

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have read a lot on the SOGA etc but still cannot point out whether the issue with my car can be classed as it being 'mis-sold' to me and 'not fit for its purpose'

I own an undrivable Mazda 6 2008 2.0d, and has suffered an engine run-away just after 10 months of owning it from new, Mazda for the past 16 months just don't want to know and i am still legally fighting the case. Ok, one factor to why this run-away occured is due to something called a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) and that the oil levels will rise if limited driving occures (i.e. shouldn't really drive short distances for a long period of time, an example......sitting in traffic :S) because diesel gets injected into this oil to help this filter 'Regenerate' and burn off the soot it generates, thus as the government say reduces emissions which personally i find that they just forced the manufacturers to make something quickly that meets regulations.

So, the technology of the DPF is fairly new and there have been MANY MANY problems throughout all car manufacturers. It was only due to the fact of this engine run-away that i was made aware that my diesel car has driving limitations (really only suitable for long distance driving only).

The thing is, there was no conversation or legal requirements by Mazda & the guy who sold it to me to notify me the car has this technology inside it and that its not designed for short distances. It should have been, if you do a lot of "stop/start" driving then you should opt for the petrol version. After i put my foot down when i found out Mazda are blaming me for this, i started writing letters etc... it was only from here that Mazda had added a section to their site saying "Should you buy a diesel or a petrol Mazda" and that simply outlines why.

I have the on-going problem with Mazda and i am still at the stage of waiting for an internal inspection on the car to prove that there is an issue, with it not being my fault.

We own a company van and the leasing company made us well aware of the DPF and driving limitations.

Can any of the above be classed as the car being mis-sold to me or not fit for its purpose??

Thanks,

Mehdi external website address removed

Edited by IdaInFife
Please do not post links to other websites