Fredrickson International Ltd and Arrow Global Guernset

fleetof foot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have suddenly begun receiving letters and calls from Fredrickson International who are chasing my son for a non existent debt. The latest letter is on behalf of Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd who claim they are owed £243.94!

Now as I understand it the original creditor may assign a debt to a CCA, but that creditor must inform the debtor of that assignment. Furthermore, the natural or legal person to whom the debt is assigned must be registered as a CCA. Correct ?

I suspect that the next step will be a letter written on solicitors letterhead threatening my son with "dire retribution" if he does not pay.

Any views information welcome.

Fleetof foot

Hi and welcome to CAG. Sorry you were missed. I have put a few thoughts below in red

I have suddenly begun receiving letters and calls from Fredrickson International who are chasing my son for a non existent debt. The latest letter is on behalf of Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd who claim they are owed £243.94!

Could you go into more detail. How is it non-existent?

Now as I understand it the original creditor may assign a debt to a CCA, but that creditor must inform the debtor of that assignment. Furthermore, the natural or legal person to whom the debt is assigned must be registered as a CCA. Correct ?

When a debt is sold to a DCA, the debtor should be informed via a Notice of Assignment. This should come from the original creditor but it is known for a DCA to send these notices.

I suspect that the next step will be a letter written on solicitors letterhead threatening my son with "dire retribution" if he does not pay.

Any views information welcome.

Fleetof foot

If you have absolutely no idea what this debt is for, I would send them a 'Prove it' letter. The letter is HERE

Do not sign anything, just print the name and send it by recorded delivery

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE