Hillesden/mortimer - claimform - blackhorse loan 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Took out a loan back in 2008 and defaulted on it not long after when I lost my job in the recession.

I was making token payments for around 3 years and then all of a sudden I was notified that my account was going over to DLC.

The last payment I made was in January this year

and then not long after that I did a PPI claim which was upheld on my secure account with black Horse

but apparently they could find no grounds to unhold my claim on my unsecured loan.

Two questions?

is there a way to make them reconsidered the PPI claim

and secondly, I have already sent DLC a CCA and the letter that come after the 21 days and they have still not showed be any proof that they ever took an agreement out with me.

(Albeit a little vague but) it was awhile ago,

should I do it again.

They are threatening to take a county court judgement out on me know.

What do I do?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you are not alone

DLC have brought a very large portfolio of BH debts

there are lots of theeads on here this last 10days.

as for the PPI

did you follow the std advice

[FOS customer questionaire & an soc spreadsheet]

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi there

I don't remember a questionaire, but I wrote a letter which I think I got from this site

and then sent the same letter to both to Black Horse for the respective accounts.

What do I do now?

do I forward my complaint to the FOS?

What about the CCA request that I sent?

Aren't they supposed to respond showing me an agreement that I have made with them?

What happened to that?

Why are they talking about CCJs and they haven't answered my letter and I did not take the agreement with DLC...?

the letter you have prob read the same as all the other ones various members have got

its a std letter .

have a search for Black Horse in our search top right

have a read.

as for the PPI

i'd start again.

see the PPI forum and the info in IMS21 's sig

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 months later...

Hi there Caggers,

About 18 months ago roughly, even though I had an arrangement with them, Black Horse sent my account to Hillesden Securities.

Annoyed by this, I did the whole s77 request process to which after a certain number of days,

I sent the the final letter saying that they have failed to give me the signed copy of the agreement.

After 18 months, it would seem that they have found a copy of the agreement.

What do i do now?

Yes, there is PPI on the loan and I have made a complaint, it is currently with the ombudsman as they did not feel that they did anything wrong.

Hi there Caggers,

About 18 months ago roughly, even though I had an arrangement with them, Black Horse sent my account to Hillesden Securities. Annoyed by this, I did the whole s77 request process to which after a certain number of days, I sent the the final letter saying that they have failed to give me the signed copy of the agreement. After 18 months, it would seem that they have found a copy of the agreement. What do i do now?

Yes, there is PPI on the loan and I have made a complaint, it is currently with the ombudsman as they did not feel that they did anything wrong.

Hi,is the agreement complete with all ts and cs?

Please post the agreement up here after removing personal

details, account no. it will help us to advise.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

What are those "Collection activity fees" @ £30.00 each ?

You say you had a payment arrangement with the original creditor.. Did Hillesden renege on that arrangement ? If so, have a read of the following

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?840-Stop-your-bank-or-lender-breaching-their-instalment-agreement

Black Horse were one of the worst for mis selling PPI, so hopefully the FOS will back your claim on that.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What are those "Collection activity fees" @ £30.00 each ?

You say you had a payment arrangement with the original creditor.. Did Hillesden renege on that arrangement ? If so, have a read of the following

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?840-Stop-your-bank-or-lender-breaching-their-instalment-agreement

Black Horse were one of the worst for mis selling PPI, so hopefully the FOS will back your claim on that.

I don't know what the collection activity means, I was hoping that you would be able to tell me that.

I have made no arrangement with Hillesden, please tell me what I need to do.

I'd like to pursue the paths that have been suggested in the lin00l but I don't know where to start.

I made an arrangement with them, the next thing I knew I had a letter from Hillesden saying that I had to talk to them.

There was no reason for them to do that because I have a secured loan with Black Horse as well which I am keeping to the arrangement on and for the same length of time.

Please help me establish why they have sent it to Hillesden what they have done is so very unfair. Please help

you have all the statement

get a reclaim in for all those penalty fees + interest on them.

something funny with that loan

why did they suddenly give you back £700 in interest

urm.........

dx

and they

I don't know what the collection activity means, I was hoping that you would be able to tell me that.

I have made no arrangement with Hillesden, please tell me what I need to do.

I'd like to pursue the paths that have been suggested in the lin00l but I don't know where to start.

I made an arrangement with them, the next thing I knew I had a letter from Hillesden saying that I had to talk to them.

There was no reason for them to do that because I have a secured loan with Black Horse as well which I am keeping to the arrangement on and for the same length of time.

Please help me establish why they have sent it to Hillesden what they have done is so very unfair. Please help

Am not sure that they have sent it to Hillsdens - but may have actually sold it to them. I know B/Horse assigned a lot of their accounts to Hillsedens in recent times.

your cra file will tell you who owns the debt.

dx

and they

If you havent received any formal notice of assignment, I would give yourself a bit of time by sending the letter attached, to Hillsdens..

Draft request for assignment - Amended Draft.doc

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 7 months later...

Hi there Caggers,

Need your help on this.

After redundancy I was defaulted on a loan with Black Horse 8807.07.

After agreeing a repayment of 15 per month,

they sold the debt to Hillesden and then on to Black Horse.

I did the CCA process etc back then and it all went quiet.

A few weeks ago I got another letter from DLC,

I sent the CCA process and they have sent a copy of the agreement that is signed

and have told me that they have complied with the CCA 1974 and my S77 request.

I can't afford to pay them anything at the moment and I am preoccupied a secured loan that I'm in arrears in with Black Horse and with the repossession order on my flat through my mortgage NRAM.

What can I do know to keep these people off my back?

Ideally, I'd like this to go back to Black Horse because I didn't take the loan out with DLC.

What do I do now?

is it on your cra file?

how much do you owe?

what was it for?

dx

and they

DLC are the company assigned by Blackhorse to deal with the debt,it's not a question of'' not taking a loan out'' with DLC.

As DX said check credit files.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

how old is the debt

tell us the history

dx

and they

how old is the debt

tell us the history

dx

Hi there,

I took the loan to cover relocation costs (£8000) in March 2008,

the repayments were 198.17 over 60 months.

I defaulted in September 2008

my payments were reduced to £15.00 a month.

The last payment I made was in December 2010,

which was when the debt was sold to Hillesden and they started chasing me.

I haven't paid anything else on it since.

In the letter, they have said that the outstanding balance is £8807.07 and that I need to pay the whole amount.

I couldn't understand why they sold the debt to Hillesden when I had an arrangement in place.

It didn't make sense to me.

Edited by Ladylovessalsa

Your arrangement was not satisfactory with Black Horse's business model. They wouldn't see payment within 3 years (if at all) so their business model saw it as a better bet to get 10% of the balance by selling the rights to it. That is the way the system works and I wouldn't spend any energy on that.

Does the copy of the agreement contain the original terms and conditions and the current ones? Did they also give you a statement of account?

It seems odd that they said they "complied" with your request. They said "responded" to me. If they actually used the word "complied" then they clearly think their response was compliant. (They clearly didn't comply with me).

You can register at Noddle which is free for life. Link here:

https://www.noddle.co.uk/

Your arrangement was not satisfactory with Black Horse's business model. They wouldn't see payment within 3 years (if at all) so their business model saw it as a better bet to get 10% of the balance by selling the rights to it. That is the way the system works and I wouldn't spend any energy on that.

Does the copy of the agreement contain the original terms and conditions and the current ones? Did they also give you a statement of account?

It seems odd that they said they "complied" with your request. They said "responded" to me. If they actually used the word "complied" then they clearly think their response was compliant. (They clearly didn't comply with me).

You can register at Noddle which is free for life. Link here:

https://www.noddle.co.uk/

Yes, they was a statement of account and 2 pages of the agreement, the bit that is signed and original Ts & Cs. They did say 'complied' No current Ts & Cs were included.

cra file?

dx

and they