Catalogue Fraud??

twinkle1981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

Bit of a long story but here goes.

My fridge/freezer has broken down 3 weeks before xmas, and like a lot of us I dont have a spare couple of hundred pound lying around to replace it.

My mum asked me to open a catalogue account in her name in order for me to be able to order one, and I would then give my mum the money when her catalogue statements come in.

So I opened the account on her behalf as she doesnt have access to a computer and ordered the fridge/freezer, and put down my address as the delivery address.

The order all appeared to have gone through ok, but when I looked today to track the order, they had rejected the order and closed the account.

I dont know whether they thought it looked dodgy due to a differing delivery address.

Now im really worried that I am going to get into trouble for fraud or something, even though I only opened the account for my mum, with my mums full knowledge. Any advice ?

Hi twinkle

Welcome to CAG

The guys will advise as soon as they are available. I think you've got it spot on regarding account details needing to match the delivery address. Try not to worry, as you say, your mum is aware.

I should prob also mention that when I saw they had rejected the order, I called to try and find out why (my mum is stuck at work and had asked me just to call them to find out what the problem was), but failed one of the security questions. The company ended the call saying they didnt believe they were talking with the account holder. So it probably looks suspicious from their point of view.

Edited by twinkle1981
Clairfy point

nothing to stop this at all.

however, it of-course will be viewed slightly funny and poss a credit check was done?

there is nothing to stop your mum doing this, esp as its xmas and present time

hundreds of people do it.

just get your mum to phone up

then she can also clarify its a prent to you hence the address

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah a credit check was done at the time I opened the account for her, it said application was succesful etc and gave an amount available to spend and also e mailed to confirm with account details etc. Order appeared to have been accepted and delivery date was given. Now as I say they have rejected the order, and following the phone call it looks as if they have completely closed down the account, Im just worried they may involve the police or something. My mum is going to call them when she can.