Brandon Case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Simply the best news. Woo hoo !!

Notwithstanding the fact that I sometimes ramble and I'm such a worrier, all postings are made with the best intent and entirely without prejudice.

You are welcome to use any information you may find here entirely at your own risk. Please do not hold it against me! :p

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still confused ( doesnt take much ) ;-) looks like a win, but doesnt really go into too much other detail, ie could the account be terminated on the back of a dodgy dn, can amex now rectfiy the matter or is the account terminated beyond repair?can amex still persue through the courts?

It came across to me as the courts didnt really want to go with Brandon, but had no choice as its statue

I do particularly like this bit though from the judgement ;-)

iii) Finally, the Judge dealt with the submission by counsel then appearing for Amex (viz., Ms Urell, who did not appear before DJ Gisby but has appeared as junior counsel before us) that the validity of the Default Notice did not matter because the agreement could have been terminated other than by relying on the Default Notice. As HHJ Rutherford put it:

" …The problem with that, and she may be right….is that this was not a point that was taken before the District Judge at all…..and therefore ….in considering whether or not to give permission to appeal it is a bit risky of me now to take into account something that was never argued before the District Judge. And, secondly, …..and maybe this is why it was not argued before the District Judge, …if you go down the default notice route then it really does not lie in your mouth afterwards to say, 'Well, we didn't give you 14 days but who cares. We could have done it some other way anyway.' If you decide to go down the default notice route it seems to me that it is certainly arguable that that is a route by which you are bound and which you must follow."

I must confess, after reading the judgement, I have no idea of the implications, other than that errors in service of a default notice are not minor and cannot be overlooked

To many DCA's have been using this case push through non compliant DN's on the basis that the errors were de minimis, when clearly they are not. I can think of one particular company that is going to struggle with this issue now.

To many DCA's have been using this case push through non compliant DN's on the basis that the errors were de minimis, when clearly they are not. I can think of one particular company that is going to struggle with this issue now.

Which Company is that??? matter of interest.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Well I guess I am not the only one dancing around the room with joy! My case has been pending on the outcome of Brandon's Case. It looks as though it has gone in my favour, but now sitting down with a coffee and highlighter to read through word for word......just in case!

Well done to Brandon :-)

Well I guess I am not the only one dancing around the room with joy! My case has been pending on the outcome of Brandon's Case. It looks as though it has gone in my favour, but now sitting down with a coffee and highlighter to read through word for word......just in case!

Well done to Brandon :-)

Not too sure where I stand as I dont know if the account was terminated.

The OC firstly didn't give me the required 14 days and secondly the account was sold before the 14 days was up.

How do I know if the account was terminated?

(Not taking this thread off track as I believe its relevant to the whole DN question)

BF

The judgement twists and turns all over the place.

As you read through it, it is difficult to tell who really won, although unltimately Mr Brandon had the appeal allowed, so he did.

Do not like 'Mr. Brandon is a bad credit risk; for this conclusion, he has only himself to blame.'

Where next Amex, Supreme Court? :|

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.