Who is this?

cecilrhode

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

received a letter for someone else. Don't want to open it, but to know who its from (suspect its about a debt) and what to expect from them.

The return address is

PO Box 3104

Glasgow

G60 9AT

Apologies - ignore below - I misread your thread. The letter is for someone else, not you!

Forgive my asking, but why don't you want to open it? I remember the days when I was too scared to open post and was physically sick on the way home if ever we went away. Don't know if this is the case with you? The letters won't stop until you do something, and believe me you'll feel an awful lot better VERY quickly once you face up to things and start doing something about them. You take control again and tell them what you're going to do rather than the other way round. Also knowing things are being resolved is a massive weight off your shoulders.

If this is why you don't want to open it, most of us on here will have been through what you are feeling now, so open it up, face up to it and get all the help you need on here to sort things out.

Edited by Tingy

If the letter is not addressed to anyone living at your address, you could either just write 'addressee unknown at the address and return to sender' and put back in the post OR send the letter back in a brown envelope with a covering letter saying that the letter is not addressed to anyone living at the address and if you know the date they moved out and a forwarding address, provide that.

Doing nothing is not an option. You don't want unnecessary hassle from further letters and phone calls or embarrasment if door step collectors come to the door.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thanks for your response

I intend to send it back

I do know the addressee, but cannot contact him. In any case, I am positive that whoever he has business with does have his proper address. I am interested in knowing who its from so I can warn him the next time we are in touch. My concern is that whoever it is may be trying underhand tactics by writing to an address that they know is incorrect, that's the only reason I would like to know who its from.

I'm also concerned that by sending it back they will know someone lives here and just keep writing.

To my knowledge, only one creditor had this address, but he has received letters from 2 DCAs. I know who one is, but not this one. Obviously they have shared data who makes me far from happy.

Anyone confirm that it is Muck Hall?

Probably is Muck Hall.

They are going to continue writing to the address, unless you or the person it is addressed to writes back to them. It is better if the person it concerns knows about it, so if you can trust them to deal with it, pass the letter on to them.

If you don't trust them, then send the letter back with a covering letter addressed to 'whom it may concern'. Please note that the person the letter is addressed to, has not lived at the address since x date. Then hope that they stop sending letters.

Muck Hall tend to deal with old debts which may be statute barred. So if your friend deasl with it and sends Muck Hall a letter asking them to prove the debt is enforceable, this may stop you being hassled.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

In my dealings with my creditors, I've never come across Much Hall. Are they bottom feeders?

edit

I will be sending it back, but as I said earlier, want to keep a note of who is writing partly, so I know if they ignore my letter

Edited by cecilrhode

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

a belated thanks. I did send it back, marked gone away............ and a week later another came. That was sent back as well, and another came. and on it went until eventually after about 8 letters, it stopped. Then another batch came from someone else, and the process was repeated. Boring.

• 6 months later...

Hi. I've lost count of how many of these I've received so I opened the latest one, phoned Past Due Credit Solutions (number from their site, not the one on the letter), explained the situation and gave the pleasant and helpful lady the following information:

- the case number;

- the person's name; and

- the address the letters were being sent to.

She said she'd stop them being sent to my house any more!

All seemed very easy to be honest. I guess the RTS attempts have either never been RTS'd or they simply ignore/have no process for handling them; I didn't feel having a chat about that side of things with her would have helped much.

Hope that's useful for someone.