Jump to content

Reinstating claims in county court


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi there, I am new to this, so forgive me if this is a bit disjointed. I was sued by an individual (ex-girlfriend) for alleged debt. I entered a defence and counter claim, but she did not turn up at the hearing, so her claim was struck out. She applied on notice to the court (county) to have it reinstated as she had advised the court by letter that she was unable to attend on the date notified.

The judge opened the file and discovered the letter which had not been actioned by court staff. The Judge reinstated her claim and ordered her to quantify accurately her claim/loss and serve details on the court and on me by a particular date. Failing this "the claim will be struck out"

The appointed date came and went and nothing was received. I thought that she had come to her senses and was dropping the matter. I was admitted to hospital as an emergency just before the date of the hearing that should have taken place if the documents were served on me. Thought nothing of it as I was convinced that the judge's instructions would have been carried out and the matter struck out. Silly me! I received a notice of judgement in default against me. I contacted the court and was told that she had filed papers with the court. But not on me. Now I am faced with additional costs in application to have the judgment set aside and the warrant of execution cancelled. Anybody ever have the same experience

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...