One big mess with Rossendales and council tax...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've just received two letters from Rossendales, both with the same date on them, my correct details, both about council tax that I'm pretty sure I've paid (in the process of digging up old receipts).

The council tax is for the property I no longer live in, in fact I've moved in march 2009...

first of those two letters is 400 pounds and the second one is for 800 pounds with the same client reference numbers but different rossendales ref no's, they're not signed, just printed "Bailiff Manager" at the bottom. In the letter it says: " Despite previous correspondence you have not made payment to clear the above overdue balance " and this is the first I've ever heard of it anyways....

Any advice ?? I will dig up the old documents relevant to council tax, there will be quite a bit because I've actually been to court with them before regarding unpaid council tax, and in the end I proved that they have two accounts with my name and my address so while I was paying my council tax on one account the other one was in arrears... getting that sorted was a loooong and painful process, so I really don't want to go through the same thing again...

Any advice will be appreciated.

btw does a liability order mean that this case was already in court and I've been ordered to pay ??

right, on monday I requested information from council regarding any information on my previous address - its friday and guess what, still nothing, I can't find all my payments for council tax so I must have got rid of them at some point thinking that I will not need them any more, I've traced back some payments made online with my bank card but its not even close to full council tax payments, calling council means waiting on the line for 20 minutes and ends with me getting fed up with waiting and hanging up... on a plus side I had no further letters from rossendales so is it possible that council realized their mistake and got rossendales of my back ?

The council tax is for the property I no longer live in, in fact I've moved in march 2009...

first of those two letters is 400 pounds and the second one is for 800 pounds with the same client reference numbers

Do you know the years they are claiming you owe is it possible that they are chasing 09/10 £800 looks like it could be a full years council tax

rossendales just gave me the amounts of money they want, council still failed to confirm anything but full year was like 1200 or 1400 pounds so I doubt thats the case, besides the agency was meant to contact council and let them know that I'm moving out.

Thanks for replying and I think that until I get proper information from council I will just forget about it, from what I read on the forum rossendale blokes are not the best bunch ever but I will hold my own and send them away if it comes to that...

btw if they send someone over and he/she fails to provide me with their county court registration document can they still charge me for a visit ?? and also taking under consideration fact that council failed to provide me with information regarding suppoused liability order/orders ??

I really appreciate all Your help, thanks.

The Bailiff only knows how to lie, cheat, bully & intimidate. believe nothing they say until you can get corroboration from another source. If someone who is not properly Certificated does attend then it is a bit of a grey area - they can't levy any goods or receive any cash but may be a possibility they can hand deliver a letter.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After a huge dealing with rossendales myself i would send them a letter recorded delivery as 1st class to rossendales is garanteed to go missing telling them you are waiting for information regarding the amount owed to the council and that you will have no dealings with rossendales until you are 100% you owe the money and only then will u accept that it is a amount u have to pay and will sort it out as and when/if that happens

altho i cant garantee they will take any notice but it is worth trying and also send a recorded delivery to the council requesting all info on the liability order