npower prepayment meter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know who I can contact by letter at Npower. I do not have a landline and it's costing too much to phone from a mobile.I have wriiten numerous times to them and have been on a prepayment meter since 2007 very rarely do I have the gas on during the day but money put on it disappears! I appreciate due to the cold spell I would spend more but from 2/11/10 to 03/12/10 I have spent £130. I only have a two bedroom flat and use gas for cooking and heating.I also wrote to them informing them that I was in receivership of ICB and that I may be eligible for a reducued rate to no avail.Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Carrie

You should be able to find the address on their website.

As an alternative to the 08 numbers, try 01668 682045 which is for the gas prepayment contact centre - this will be far cheaper to call from your mobile

• 2 weeks later...

I have a pre payment Npower meter and today it stopped working (CALL HELP registers), second time in two weeks. I have been waiting for someone from the National Grid since 11am. I appreciate that due to the weather they cannot give me any idea when someone will arrive, so I have to stay put. I have absolutely no heating, a friend has offered to lend me a electric heater but I am too afraid what the cost will be using it. I am recovering from cancer treatment and would like to know if anyone knows who I could write to to complain. I have written to Npower many times regarding the charges and have never received a reply.Many Thanks

Call Help is normally displayed if your Quantum meter has been knocked or bumped, they can be very sensitive and even removing the card can just cause this.

As your contract is with NPower, complain to them via recorded delivery. They will take this up with the Meter Asset Manager who may arrange with you to replace the meter