Private Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I received a parking ticket from a private landlord (they showed pictures of the car in their car park), I am the owner of the car but not the driver. The initial claim from "Valid Parking Ltd", has been passed to a debt collector "Roxburghe" I explained to both that I was not the driver. Now I have had a letter from a solicitor "Notice of intended legal action".

What should I do next? I can prove I was not the driver (I was out of the country at the time)

• 1 month later...

mydogsawestie - have you had some of their threat-o-grams ?

I have had letters from Roxbuggers and also Graham White aka MS all with their threats of dire consequences none of which ever came to anything.

Even had phone calls from GW and during these have invited them to do court however the necessary documents have never arrived.

They are not going to go to court as there are too many defenses and they are in this game to make money not throw it away

As has been said many times ignore everything they send

BTW its not a legal PCN [like council or traffic warden or police]

it'll be an civil parking invoice.

plenty here to read

you'll get the idea of what to do!

dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Even had phone calls from GW and during these have invited them to do court however the necessary documents have never arrived.

You mean phonecalls from Roxburghe pretending to be GW 8)

Yep although probably in the case mentioned above the PPC concerned was MET pretending to be Roxbuggers and then going on to pretending to be Graham White. The post all seemed to emminate from the same source.

The phone calls - several from male and female operatives who refused to give name other than 'Graham White Solicitors' phoning on behalf of MET.

The first question asked by myself was how they got my details to which they replied the DVLA. This was an outright lie as the vehicle in question was purchased by me but is not and never has been registered to me. As to their source I have speculated that there is a database of car purchasers put together by less than honest used car dealers and the matter was reported to the Information Commissioners who were more interested in the garage than MET

The phonecalls - tried to keep them talking as long as possible as it is their phone bill and their spiel which felt like it was being read from a crib sheet was more or less the same as their invoices i.e. empty threats. Made it quite clear that I would not be paying anything and they would have to proceed to court. Given the circumstances I would have dearly loved to have had them in court but it looks highly unlikely and will hazard a guess that I will expire from old age before the relevant court documents arrive as this was over a year ago.

In a more recent encounter they gave up after the DC letter so perhaps they keep records of multiple 'silly little rule' breakers and knew they were going nowhere and quit before they spent too much of their ill gotten gains on paper and postage but then again this would would imply intelligent life in PPC land :!:

Edited by asmodeus
Added further details
  • Confused 1