• Tweets

• Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
    • In the SAR, I received the original application, lots of computer print outs, yearly statements from 2013 and the new emails regarding my complaint. They sent me a £50 cheque after I chased them for the SAR after the 30 days. They said they was waiting for me to respond to an email (which I never received) before sending the SAR
    • classic P2G. I'm sure dianne and Lesley will pop an email to you at some point.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Co-op debt advice

junior232
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I currently have a debt from CO-OP which was passed on to Phoenix debt collectors then on to Fredrikson. I was making regular payments in each month until about 4 months ago when i stopped paying because i couldnt afford the monthly payments.

What i would like to know is, i owe £1000 in total for the debt, how low do you think fredrik debt collectors would accept to clear the debt as a full and final settlement?

Also i am aware if any reduced offer is accepted by fredrik they will mark my credit file as partial settlement, what is the difference between full settlement and partial settlement and how would both affect me in the long run?

Any help will be appreciated.

no diff any negative marker needs removing if you settle it, only settled will do!

however

tell us more

what type of debt is this and it s history

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Well the debt was for a student account i had with co-op a couple of years ago, i didnt make any payments in to the account for a year so they closed it and passed it on to phoenix debt collectors, i was paying phoenix £40 per month while i was at university when i graduated i couldnt keep up with the payments and sent them a letter to reduce the payments but they stated they didnt receive any letter my mistake was i didnt send it by recorded delivery. I didnt pay phoenix for about 3 months and they sold the debt on to fredrikson's, i checked my credit file and phoenix left a default on my credit file.

At the moment fredriksons are contacting me day and night for the money because i have stopped paying them, i was on a repayment plan of £10 per month but i cant afford that now, so i just wanted to know if they would settle for a reduced amount, i have read around and if i am right debt collectors accept a certain percentage of the total amount as a full payment to clear the debt, what i would like to know is how much i should offer them for a debt of £1000?

So if a partial settlement note is entered on to my credit file that wouldnt make any difference from a fully settled note on my credit file?

Jr232...........Hi...........is the Phoenix...........Phoenix Recoveries UK Ltd??????????I appreciate Fredricksons are trying to collect the money.When you answer DX100UK questions then the F&F route can be determined,F&F you have to be very careful what you ask for..................FS

It has been about a year and a half since i dealt with phoenix, i need to check my letters for the full name of the company. firstship, Im curious as to why you have stated you have to be carefull of what you ask for?

Dx100uk.....if you need any more info please let me know.

only settled will do a or a total removal of all neg info

as this has been sold on several times

have you cca'ed the fleecers?

i'd pay no-one anything until you know they have the legal paperwork to demand money from you.

as for the markers etc

how old is this debt and when were the markers put on your cra?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Ok so only settled will do, so can i make an offer to the debt collectors and if they accept get them to put it in writing that if i pay the account will be settled on my credit file? i cant pay the whole balance which is why i am trying to pay a reduced amount and clear the headache.

I did send co-op a S.A.R a few months ago they didnt respond and then two weeks ago i sent them a template letter from this forum giving them 7 days to respond for my S.A.R still nothing back from them, what is my next step? I sent both my letters to the following address by recorded delivery and they have been signed for:

The Co-operative Bank PLC

PO Box 200

LEVEL 2

Delf House

Southway

Skelmersdale

WN8 6GH

The reason I asked in an earlier thread about Phoenix is that if it is Phoenix Recoveries (UK) Ltd who are based in Luxembourg and Fredriksons is one of their UK cronies who act for them,and Phoenix usually BUY debts.However CO-OP should have replied to your SAR.Contact them one more time confirming that they signed for the SAR and your subsequent template non compliance letter and you have confirmation of their receipt of the 2 letters,and you will be placing their non compliance with OFT and FOS,should their Data Controller not contact you within 7 days.To answer your question regarding the DCA yes you can make them a F&F start with a very low offer,before you do just confirm who you are dealing with and who owns the debt.Still send the letter to CO-OP............FS

Hi,

Even if i do send them another letter i doubt they will respond, so far they have had since august when i originally sent my first letter to respond to my S.A.R so i would like to go to the next step with this? i have contacted FOS and they referred me to the Information commisioners office, what if i contacted co-op by telephone?

I appreciate your help firstship, i cant find any letters from phoenix so i cant tell you the full name of the company but what i do know is i used to contact them through an uk phone number.

Dx100uk...........i opened the account in 2007, in 2008 around may time co-op closed the account and i went into a repayment plan with phoenix around june 2008. The default date is showing on my credit file in december 2008. Im positive neither co-op or phoenix sent me a default notice letter, i think thats why co-op are not responding to my S.A.R request.

OK understand you are not sure about Phoenix,did you refer co-ops lack of response to your SAR to the ICO as the FOS suggested??????????The co-op address you are using is the correct one,do not phone them is my advice...........they would be unlikely to not write to you regarding your SAR because of a Default Notice issue,when did you last hear from Fredriksons and what did they say??????........FS

The last time i spoke to fredriksons was in august and they were chasing up a missed payment, ever since then i get regular texts every day to my phone asking to call them. The advice from FOS was to fill in a ICO complaint form online which i havent done yet.

the default could prob be several missed payments, after 6 the CRA's mark it as 'D' automatically.

why type of credit was this BTW?

and have you cca'ed the latest fleecers?

dx

and they

no point in cca you dont have a credit agreement for most banka/c's unless you signed one?

sar is 40 calendar days

dx

and they

I applied for the account online and i can remember them sending some forms i did sign!! i sent my S.A.R to co-op in august, Its been over 40 days, i sent them a template letter from this forum two weeks ago giving them 7 days to respond and no reply what so ever. What are my options now?

Hi,

An update to my S.A.R request. I received a reply from CO-OP today with all th information i requested. Just to re-cap what is going on with this account i will explain my situation fully.

I opened the co-op student account in november 2006 with an overdraft facility, Around january 2008 co-op sent me a letter stating they have closed the account and giving me 14 days to repay all the money i owe them. Around march 2008 co-op passed the debt onto a debt coolection agency called phoenix and i entered monthly payment arrangements with them. In july/august 2008 i couldnt afford the monthly payments and i didnt make any further payments to the debt collection agency. In january 2009 the debt was passed onto fredriksons debt collectors who are now claiming to have legal rights over the debt. In december 2008 a default was recorded on my credit file by either co-op or phoenix debt collectors, from what i can remember it was co-op's name agianst the default although i am not hundred percent sure, last time i checked my credit file was a while ago.

I have had a look through everything and apart from statements, co-op sent a letter notifying me about my student overdraft increase and a letter notifiying me about a password change and they also sent a page detailing what letters were sent out to me. I cannot find anything which shows a default notice was sent to me, which confirmed my suspicions i was never sent a default letter, all that was sent was a formal demand letter that i repay all the money i owe co-op, please find this below, maybe someone can have a look at this and tell me whats weird about this.

TWO THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO ACHIEVE IS REMOVE THE DEFAULT AND PAY OF THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE BY OFFERING A REDUCED AMOUNT.

10-12-2010143515.jpg

10-12-2010144209.jpg

i would suspect they [the co-op] informed the cra's over a series of a few months that payment was not being made

then it went '8' or 'd' by the nature of the automatic cra system.

pers i'd get a free report from a diff cra

i doubt very much you will get any luck in getting the default removed.

the only way might be to offer the dca an f&f [very very low too] with the condition tat all negative markers are removed as a condition.

else it'll be £1 PCM for the rest of your life mr DCA!

dx

and they

you are missing the point if it was an automatic one by the cra

dx

and they

is the debt and the dafault [if named sep] in the co-op's name still

if it is, it might well help everyone here to write to the cra concerned

inc the stuff you have above from the co-op

and ask the cra why is there a default marker on my file when the co-op say they never sent you a default notice?

could be an interesting repy.

dx

and they

Hi,

As far as i can remember although im not a hundred percent sure the default is in co-ops name or it could be phoenix, i am currently negotiating with fredriksons who have bought the debt. When the account was passed over to phoenix debt collectors in may 2008 i paid for a few months and then i stopped paying them for a few months, then the default notice was registered on my credit file in december 2008.

Fredriksons could turn round and say "we never put the default on your credit file if there is one it wasnt us who put in on there" so would the default lie with co-op and i have to discuss it with them?

post 23

dx

and they