RCI ( renault financial services ) & Salans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just over 3 years ago, as I had arrears on a car purchased through a main dealer, I agreed that the finance company , which im sure was then known as RFS, could collect the car which they duly did and i heard no more from them, nor was I asked to pay any monies, Suddenly a couple of weeks ago, I recieved a letter from Salans ( never heard of them ) saying that Solex have acquired the business of Salans LLP and I will shortly contacted by Solex. Im confused what does this mean and how can I not have any communication from them in over 3 years and then get a letter out of the blue. surely if there was any money owed, they can not leave it for over 3 years and then suddenly get in touch ?

Unfortunately they can. RCI were known for not being the best to deal with. At the moment do nothing. Wait and see if you are contacted. If you're phoned refuse to say who you are, do not acknowledge any debt to anyone and tell them you've never heard of them. If they feel they need to contact you write to you. Phone down.

If they write, I normally ignore any first letter, then in your case send a Prove It letter. After all this time, they may find that hard to do. After that we start to battle properly!