fostering grandchildren and benefits

ollie06
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 3 weeks ago my 2 grandchildren aged 3 and 2 were taken into care social services have placed them with me while it all goes through court they will be paying me a fostering allowance of £124 per child per week,I currently get benefits for me and my 15 year old daughter.the benfits i recieve are incapacity income support child benefit dla mid care high mobility,housing and council tax benefit can anyone tell me how my benefits will be affected please.thank you.

im sure that they dont take your other income into consideration you still get the fostering money

if they had any issues regarding your health (as you get DLA etc) they wouldnt have placed the children into your care in the first place so i cant see it being affected

best wishes

As far as I'm aware, fostering allowance should not effect your benefits, though you should still declare it to the relevant benefit offices, with documentation to show exactly what you receive. You're probably aware that while fostering you will not be able to claim child benefit or tax credits for the children you foster.

thank you for your replys, ive declared it to all the relevent benefits my housing benefit was suspended till they get all the paper work in i spoke to them on the phone and they said it was the computer when they put in change of circumstances but shouldnt effect my benefits,ive sent all the relevent paper work off so hopefully everything will be ok.thank you again for taking the time to reply