Moorcroft - Home collection division. help please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have a debt currently being collected by Moorcroft as an agent for severn trent water. I was paying via home collection and had used this method for about two years. I now have a part time job where I do not know my shifts until the beginning of that week and as a result keep missing the collection officer. I have rung and asked to set up a standing order but they have refused me and told me this is the only way I am allowed to pay. I am now in the situation where I am expected to turn down work so I can stay in to pay the debt. If they would let me take the shifts I could possibly pay alittle more, but they will now allow me to. They have said I can set up a direct debit through the officer but my bank account does not support direct debits, I can only do a standing order.

When I explained this and told them I was just going to set up a standing order they told me to go ahead but this guy would still keep coming to my house.

He has called a few times when I've been at work and asked my babysitter for the money even telling her where he was collecting for which was really embarrassing.

I don't know what to do and would really appreciate any advice with this matter.:-(

Hi dawn

Welcome to CAG.

You might contact Severn Trent direct and explain the situation.

Mention that you have been advised to contact Sir John Egan, Chairman (ex Jaguar and a very decent chap) and would they provide his contact details.

Be polite, but firm.

love

vic

Hi Vic thanks for your response and welcome.

I have already contacted Severn Trent who did seem concerned but advised me the debt now lay with Moorcroft - I asked to pay them directly but they said it all has to go through Moorcroft now.

Hi dawn

First: you are trying to pay this, so try 'phoning Severn Trent as per above. Ask them if they have sold the debt to Moorcroft because there is substantial 'reputational risk' for them in this; use those words and refer them to this site and this thread.

Second, more experienced colleagues will appear to advise on how to deal with Moorcroft should this be necessary.

You are in the right place to get support.

love

vic

Edited by victoria_siempre
typo for guests

Hi dawn

A little something to keep in the back of your mind is as you're just looking for an alternative way to pay and Moorcroft are being pedantic by refusing should things escalate at any time they're the ones who will look stupid not you

As Moorcroft are members of the CSA the have agreed to abide by the Code of Practice and that being the case here's my take on some sections in the CoP that could give you leverage . .

Debt Collection & Default Guidelines

In attempting to carry out collection in default of

payment, members of the Association should:

a) Not use oppressive or intrusive collection

procedures.

b) Not bring unreasonable pressure to bear on

the debtor in default of payment.

I would argue that a/b apply as they are being totally unreasonable re your request for an SO and adding pressure by not only saying the collector will still call but also by making you look at possibly losing work

c) Not act in a manner in public intended to

embarrass the debtor.

d) Be circumspect and discreet when

attempting to contact the debtor by

telephone, SMS, email or by personal visit,

with due regard to the Data Protection Act

and OFT Guidance.

c/d apply because the collector has spoken to your babysitter about why he's there and as Moorcroft employ him they are responcible for his actions

f) Unless instructed otherwise, accept all

reasonable offers by debtors to pay by

instalments, provided acceptable evidence of

non-ability to pay is given.

Section f is simple as you're making a very reasonable offer/request that they are ignoring given that they have already been accepting payments from you, you're circumstances have changed but they will not accept/help

Well with luck that little lot will help in some small way but more advice will follow

Good luck

R

Edited by Revenant

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Hi dawn

Welcome to CAG.

You might contact Severn Trent direct and explain the situation.

Mention that you have been advised to contact Sir John Egan, Chairman (ex Jaguar and a very decent chap) and would they provide his contact details.

Be polite, but firm.

love

vic

This is the e-mail of the CEO of Severn trent should you need someone at the top to contact:

[email protected]