Mackenzie Hall calling me at work!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

A couple of months ago I received a call at work from these guys (I've no idea how they know where I work) and I believe it is in relation to an old debt although I have no idea which one, there are many that I'm trying to sort out at the moment.

I was in another of our offices at the time so, quite innocently, our receptionist advised them I was in the other office and gave them the number.

When I spoke to them, I said I was working, had no idea what they were calling about and gave them my mobile number - told them to call me on that and requested that they do not call me at work again. Anyway, they never called and I have since changed my mobile number.

I got a call today from a colleague in the other office where I was that day, saying they had called there today asking for me and said it was a 'personal matter' but thankfully didn't say exactly what.

They didn't leave a number and haven't called the office I'm actually in yet... what should I do?? I don't really want to ring them and get into phone conversations with them but I would like to know exactly what they are chasing and need to stop them ringing me at work!!

I believe it is in relation to an old debt

How old do you think this debt is?

If they ring you again at work, tell them off and demand they write to you.(if they have your address)

Muck hall are well known for buying Statute Barred debts and trying to get the un-knowing to pay them

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Contact Alan Stewart at East Ayrshire Trading Standards, they are not supposed to be ringing you at work, they have broken OFT Guidelines on debt collection so REPORT them to the OFT as well.

Like she said :-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

There is a thread for exactly the same company lurking around, who have been sending letters, personally addressed to the Posters store manager, but its all a "clerical error"

I think its becoming pretty clear these are no way whatsoever errors. I wonder if something can be done, where victims who have already put in a complaint (the poster iirc is appealing trading standards error decision) can give their trading standards case number if they have one, to the fresh victims to use when making their complaint as proof this is not a one off clerical error, but a tactic of this dreadful company ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Absolute imbeciles, proper unethical unqualified immature fools.

You MUST make formal complaint about them, and exhaust ALL of the complaints procedures until you get a result.

http://www.csaconsumers-uk.com/page/i-have-a-complaint (be aware that one of Muckyhalls directors, Robert Sands, is on the CSA's board of directors)

These guys for their misuse of the communications network;

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/contact-us/

The OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

If they still persist you MUST report them to the Police, for the criminal offence of harassment..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!