Incompetent sales dept. Virgin Mobile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, For the past two weeks I've been trying to order a phone + contract with Virgin Mobile, but failing miserably. In week 1 I've attempted to order the deal on their web site, but each and every time I got the page "Oooops, something went wrong". Last Friday I decided that enough was enough and ordered the deal by phone. I was told that I would receive three emails: 1 to confirm the order, 1 to inform me the P&P charges were taken from my account and 1 to tell me my phone had been dispatched. However, I only received the first one. On Monday I gave them a call. My order could not be found anywhere in their system. They gave me some vague excuse that their system was updating exactly at the moment that my order was put in, which is why it had vanished. So I reordered and went through ALL the questions, giving my details, etc., once again. I was told about the three emails again and was given a delivery date of the next day. But, yet again, I only received one email and my phone never arrived. On Tuesday I gave them yet another call. The order had vanished from their system once again and I had to place the order a THIRD time from scratch. Once again the tale of the three emails and a delivery date of Wednesday. It's Friday now. I've received only one email again and no phone. Yesterday I've sent out an email of complaint to them, but they haven't responded to that either. When a sales department is clearly unable to sell, I would -- and have -- call them completely and utterly incompetent. I've never seen anything like it, it's so bad. And it doesn't exactly boost any confidence in their technical department or their network either, because that's what happens. When one department is totally incompetent, you start wondering whether other departments are the same and any confidence you had in the company will go down the drain. I am absolutely horrified at their, what they call 'Customer satisfaction'. According to their web site they've won several uSwitch awards, amongst which the 'Best Customer Support'. Yeah... right... And the absolute worst part? The offer I was trying to get ended yesterday, so they don't even have it anymore... I'm truly disgusted... --=Roger=--

Take it as divine intervention. You don't need to give them such a massive commitment simply to us a mobile. Many are blinded by the handset on offer, ignoring the fact they're signing up with a branded reseller who doesn't even have a network of their own! Stick with PAYG or a SIM deal only, as it saves a lot of grief later.