Need help regards Great Universal and Very accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4685 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My other half has recently lost her job and is now on income support so can no longer afford the repayments at the current levels., she never managed to pay these 2 bill last month and since then they've both reproduced the next months bill, the other day she received a letter from the arrears collections dept of both these catalogues stating that the over due amounts need to be paid straight away and adding £12 each for the pleasure. My partner has had both of these account for over 8 yrs a piece and hasn't had any problem paying them until now that she has lost her job.

Can anyone please advise what she should do now regards these please, any help will be a weight off her mind as she is worried about these greatly.

Thanks.

Edited by scarborosmoggy

Hi,

Your OH could try writing to each company, you should find a letter to use in this 'link'......................

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?20758

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

Here is a link to the template letters.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?609-Can-t-find-the-letter-you-want-Look-here

I would use the first one on the list to negotiate. If they refuse to help (freeze interest and charges) then CCA them. It is well known that catalogue companies have had problems keeping documents and in some cases, the debtor never signed one.

Work out what you can afford and pay that.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thanks again, i will get her to fill that in and send it off with letter 1, I take it that sending it recorded delivery will be best?

Always!

• 2 weeks later...

We have just had a response back from them today, we also informed them that we would only deal with them in writing so that if needs be in the future we would have a record of everythingg which has been said and agreed, I would be greatful if someone could advise or maybe do a letter so we can send it of to them in reply to their response from the previous letter I had sent to them as previously advised.

Here is their response:

Thank you for your letter regarding a possible payment arrangement.

Unfortunately we are unable to accept your offer as it does not meet our minimum payment criteria. Please contact us on 0844 822 4090 within the next 7 days to discuss the options avaliable to you. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you no longer require our assistance in this matter and we willnormal payments to resume.

Please note that failure to bring your account up to date will lead to administration charges being added to your account and could affect your ability to obtain future credit. Your account may ultimately be passed to external collection agencies.

Yours sincerely

Marie Marsden

Arrears collection manager

Hi

So they want you to phone them as the offer you have made is unsuitable to them. Oh boo ruddy hoo!

You are paying what you can 'reasonably' afford.

This is a standard letter. What I would do is make the payment you offered. What can they do-send it back?

As they have not been helpful, you could CCA them. If this account is quite old, there might not be an agreement then they have really shot themselves in the foot (although they may try to send you a reconstituted agreement) CCA request is in the library

Thank you for your response, so you think I should CCA them, yes the accounts are about 8yrs old.

Absolutely. If they want to play silly bu**ers, punish them. With these acounts, it's quite rare for them to have an actual agreement although they could send a 'true copy'. I'm quite sure that the terms of these accounts would have been varied a few times so they would need to send the T's&C's from each variation.

Do you know if there are any charges on this account?

Well I remember when Index was on the high street (direct competition to Argos) and that was many-many years ago. With catalogue accounts it was usual at the time to give you the goods and pay over 20 or 38 weeks at interest free credit but they didn't go down the route of getting the customer to sign an agreement.

If that turns out to be the case with you, you could offer them a small F&F to settle the account. Make sure that all charges and interest associated with the charges are either removed or reclaimed

Hi,

I am currently fighting Very for my Charges and have had letter after letter of them both from a DCA and themselves. They always insist that you ring em to discuss things.

Thought u might like a look at my thread, I will be complaining to the FOS in the New Year. Letter waiting to go!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?276962-Laa-v-Very

Edited by laalinz
typo

Silverfox. is this the correct letter to send, obviously with the correct address etc, my printer broke before i could send it earlier typically.

1 High Street,

Newtown,

Kent

R21 4RH

June 28, 2006

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

• 3 weeks later...

I have just received this reply from them today dated 17-01-11 and I am totally furious and disgusted that they've ignored my cca request to them, could anyone please be so kind to draft me up a letter I can send to them in response, I would be most greatful.

Here is their letter I recived today from them:

Dear XXXXXXXX

We have contacted you on a number of occasions to discuss your account which is now seriously overdue. We cannot allow this situation to continue so please contact me immediately on 0844 822 4727 to discuss the options which are avaliable to you.

If you do not contact us, your account will be passed to a debt collection agency who will require all arrears to be paid in full, clearly, it is in your best interests to deal with us directly, while it is possible to work out a payment plan.

If you have insurence cover on your account and you fall into 3 months of arrears your cover will be automatically suspended and only reinstated once your account is no longer in arrears and you have started making the scheduled payments again.

Unfortunately, the status of your account now means that future orders will not be accepted, your credit rating will contine to deteriote if you do not resolve this matter.

Yourss sincerely,

Marie Marsden

Arrears manager

Have you sent the Account in Dispute letter?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale (just in case)

I would also file a formal complaint as they haven't complied with your lawful request.