Direct Legal & Collections email and SMS

ATRO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I received an email from this company this morning asking me to call them urgently quoting a reference number. Around an hour later I got a text message saying the same thing.

After reading a little around the internet it seems they may be attempting to recover some sort of debt from me.

As far as I'm aware the only debts I had problems with were absolutely years ago and I have a good financial stranglehold these days, I did have a default registered on my credit file and that dropped off in the summer and I haven't had any credit since other than a Welcome Finance loan that was paid off in full in Feb this year, a mobile phone contract with Orange that was paid off in full over a year ago and an ongoing C.Card and phone contract that I never miss payments on.

What do I do? I'm not ringing the number after what I have been told and the mobile was a new number a year ago so where on earth they got this from if it is something from years ago?

If it is a debt I don't remember it must be from 7+ years ago, otherwise it must be a mistake?

Cheers for any advice, Andy.

Hi Andy

Welcome to CAG

Ignore them for if all you say is correct then this is more than likely a fishing trip

No doubt they'll get fed up with you not replying to the calls/texts and either give up or write

Sit back and wait

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Yes DEFO ignore, seems as though your on a phishing list, and as soon as you pipe up they will add a marker against your name "mug awaits fleecing".

My first thought is that it could be Welcome, but then Orange are equally as bad. So long as you know you paid it all, then add their email address as Junk, and if they ring your Moby, answer it in a strong Glaswegian accent and tell them to foxtrot oscar....or you'll rip their crown jewels off and make them eat em..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Cheers for the advice, shall sit and wait!

I have been racking my brains to think if there is anything I missed but I'm positive I shouldn't have anything to answer to.

Cheers for the advice, shall sit and wait!

I have been racking my brains to think if there is anything I missed but I'm positive I shouldn't have anything to answer to.

Don't worry because if DLC really do think you owe money THEY have to prove it not the other way round

R

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Well, today I received an automated phonecall on my mobile telling me to press 2 if I had debt problems, I hung up as I don't.

Next I missed a call from an 01280707295 number which apparently is DLC, looks like the harrasment is going to begin. I'm intrigued to find out what they are claiming but am not ringing back.

Well, today I received an automated phonecall on my mobile telling me to press 2 if I had debt problems, I hung up as I don't.

Next I missed a call from an 01280707295 number which apparently is DLC, looks like the harrasment is going to begin. I'm intrigued to find out what they are claiming but am not ringing back.

Keep a log of the calls etc for future ref and don't let your intrigue get the better of you . . as if :wink:

R

If they can't be bothered to write to you I'd totally ignore them until / if they do. As said above, in the meantime keep a record / log of all the calls.

OOPs Forgot that bit :wink:

• 1 year later...

This is what I do. Phishing is morally reprehensible and its only since thatcher that 'companies' become engaged in immoral non production in order to generate income from NOTHING.

Find the comjpany on companies house web site. Send them an invoice for your time at £250 full economic cost (FEC) per day or £60 an hour (as a garage charges for labour). You will here nothing of them again., Foloow it up by a 'Notice of Intended Prosecution. I send these out all the time and have templates if anyone whats them. They are trying to engage you in a contract so either ignore or respond with a contract of your own.

Hi Atro,

Get ready to be bombarded by telephone calls by these MORONS ,I had a dispute with Orange some years ago and DLC repeatedly filled my answer machine with their drival.In the end I bombarded them with emails to get my own back.

Living in the wild windy west of Ireland