Supermarket pricing!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-xHi all, this is my 1st post. Just visited my local Co-Op and purchased a Cornish Pasty, the shelf price stated £1.00, at the check out I was told the price was £1.49!! Told the assistant that was not right and she and I went back to the shelf and saw for herself the price tag was £1.00 I said you will have to honour that price when a second assistant said 'we don't have to' but as a gesture of good we will. Is she correct? To me natural justice implies she is wrong. Can anybody tell me what the law is on this matter.

Regards, Mike.

Unfortunately they don't have to honour it as it was an invite and not a contract. Having said that on a number of occasions we have been caught like this and on each occasion I have insisted on a refund whether or not I took the goods. I am of the opinion in many cases the customer does not notice and the article that they purchased thinking it was a bargain is not a bargain after all.

Have you ever noticed how Tesco increase the price on a lot of their goods by about 5p just prior to their 5p off a litre if you spend £50+. We now avoid Tescos where possible.