OFT tells companies not to use misleading names

Tingy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Shame they don't take the same attitude with the various "Trading style" names that DCA's use

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

That was the old Meritforce "Bureau of Investigation for England and Wales", at one time (I think it was Robinson Way) had "National Register of Debtors for England and Wales"....

IQOR had to change their name as the original was deemed 'inappropriate'.

The point I'm trying to make is that Halifax pretend that BO and S are nothing to do with them, where as they are the same entity, they get paid by the same company,

that is very misleading. They try to distance themselves from the dirty business.

Blair, oliver and snott are just a different desk in the HBOS collections department :!:

Same as Hamptons, Lowells, Red and the various HFO companies.

Why don't the OFT put the whole DCA industry under caution and any company that gets more than X amount of complaints over a 3 month period gets all its court cases pulled and investigated.....

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Yes I know...But I also know ;)

If this was the USA, each complaint would cost $

Same as Hamptons, Lowells, Red and the various HFO companies.

Why don't the OFT put the whole DCA industry under caution and any company that gets more than X amount of complaints over a 3 month period gets all its court cases pulled and investigated.....

If getting peoples interest is all its about then I am in the wrong forum, call me old fashioned but the aim of this forum and the whole CAG web site was to offer advice to people in similar circumstances, it appears recently that offering advice is offering yourself up to people calling into question the advice given in good faith, and no Tingy I dont mean you, but some of the new breed of Site Team members should take a look at their posts.

Signing off now and doubtful if I will come back

• Confused 1

If getting peoples interest is all its about then I am in the wrong forum, call me old fashioned but the aim of this forum and the whole CAG web site was to offer advice to people in similar circumstances, it appears recently that offering advice is offering yourself up to people calling into question the advice given in good faith, and no Tingy I dont mean you, but some of the new breed of Site Team members should take a look at their posts.

Hey, come on PGH, I know you don't mean me - I'm not a member of the site team, BUT it was my mistake that the original title was misleading. That's because I skim read it this morning and posted straightaway without engaging brain fully. I thought, and I think rightfully, that people on here would find it interesting and it wasn't something you'd just stumble across reading the paper.

I for one will happily stand up and say I appreciate your advice. I know I disagree with people on here, but only in good faith, not in a nasty way. It would be very sad if you were not to come back due to the coomments of a minority when I'm sure the majority appreciate all advice they can get.

Morning PGH

I hope you come back

I have read lots of your posts and the advice/information you've passed on has proven invaluable to many

Regards

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=