RCS Debt Collections - Gym Membership

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya. Will cut a long story short. I need a contact phone number for RCS debt collectors regarding my gym membership that I cancelled due to losing my job.

I set up a payment plan with them back in April, they were taking 5 pound a week every Friday since beginning of April and the last payment was taken out 12/11/10.

All of a sudden the payments have started coming out again even though the debt has been paid off in full.

I have contacted my bank who cannot do anything about this as its a card transaction. I need to contact them directly but I am having awful difficulty in finding any contact details for them at all

:!::!::!:

PLEASE HELP!!

:!::!::!:

Tell your bank IN WRITING that the card transaction has finished and to cancel the card. Go into a branch and get it dealt with on the spot. If they say you need to speak to the call centre ring them from the branch (I've done this to great effect.... really winds the branch staff up!)

Get onto the company concerned and demand your money back, send a 7 day notice of legal action to them (they would do worse to you if you hadn't paid the last £5, they would have gone for the lot again).

Tell your bank IN WRITING that the card transaction has finished and to cancel the card. Go into a branch and get it dealt with on the spot. If they say you need to speak to the call centre ring them from the branch (I've done this to great effect.... really winds the branch staff up!)

Get onto the company concerned and demand your money back, send a 7 day notice of legal action to them (they would do worse to you if you hadn't paid the last £5, they would have gone for the lot again).

Thanks for your information, I haven't got a clue of any contact info of RCS

I think it is these guys?

Regional Collection Services Limited

44 West Sunniside

Sunderland

SR1 1BA

Tel: 0191 567 6749

Fax: 0191 510 9170

E-mail: [email protected]

Tell your bank to refund the money as it is a fraudulent transaction, and you have not authorised it. I had the same problem with another Gym who thought they would be funny and take money from my account using my card details that I had given them over 18mths previously.

If your bank refuses to refund your money, educate them about Visa debit chargeback, (Assuming your card has the Visa logo on? and is a debit card?)

Visa Debit chargeback...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You won't have any Joy in getting them to refund your money (RCS) Just make them aware that they have withdrawn funds that they are not entitled to, and you will get the bank to refund them, then the bank will chase them (RCS) for payment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I think it is these guys?

Regional Collection Services Limited

44 West Sunniside

Sunderland

SR1 1BA

Tel: 0191 567 6749

Fax: 0191 510 9170

Tell your bank to refund the money as it is a fraudulent transaction, and you have not authorised it. I had the same problem with another Gym who thought they would be funny and take money from my account using my card details that I had given them over 18mths previously.

If your bank refuses to refund your money, educate them about Visa debit chargeback, (Assuming your card has the Visa logo on? and is a debit card?)

Thanks for your response - I also tried this company earlier today and unfortunately it isn't them, however she did ask me if it was a debt outstanding with a gym... apparently this company is forever taking phone calls from people with the same query but they have no idea who the other RCS is... The search continues...:mad2:

Whereabouts are they? And do you know what RCS stands for??

I agree, I would deem it as theft too. Hence why the bank should be refunding this immediately.

All i no is that it says RCS on my bank statements and are apart of the Harlands Finance group... tried finding a contact number for them as well but helpline closed.

im not 100% sure where they are based but im certain the area code was 0161 when they called me back in April

Hmm 0161 comes back as a Manchester area code? Including the area around it.

Yes looking at their website (Harlands Group) they do indeed deal with Gym memberships, will be back on later to look into it a bit more.

Hi

This is Revenue Collections

From a previous post (soorry don't know how to link it:oops:)

molly13

user-online.png

icon1.gif Re: Revenue Collection Services

My daughter had a repayment plan
link3.gif
with this company, of £20 per month. However they carried on taking the money after the agreed finishing date.

She complained to them and demanded her money back, but they refused saying there wer extra charges, they could not tell her what they were though.

She made a formal complaint, with an invoice for 2 letters @£22 each, which they refused to pay.

She then complained to fos
link3.gif
and got her complaint upheld,they were ordered to pay her the original £20 back, plus her £44 for letters, as well as £500 compensation.
:biggrin:

Best of all though, she photocopied the cheque and when it cleared she sent an email to the obnoxious guy she had dealt with Stuart something or other, and attached the copy cheque with THANKS written all over it.
:biggrin:

Just goes to show, don't give up on this company.Good luck.

Hi, xx_leigh_xx.

There is a Gyms and Health Clubs Forum which deals in similar situations, do you want me to move this thread to that Forum ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert