Right of access via “bus and licensed vehicles” lane?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a £60 PCN for driving down the High Street in Oxford to reach a The Old Bank hotel for an overnight stay (their postal address 92 High Street – half way along). This road is signed as being for "buses and licensed vehicles only".

I made a representation that I did not ignore the signage, insofar as I considered that access to the hotel’s entrance would be reasonable. It was rejected on the grounds that the hotel’s website gave alternative directions for their rear carpark (which does not correspond to their postal address). I had not seen the website as I had not made the booking myself.

It strikes me as odd that the council would use these website directions as an excuse, if they had a clear legal right to prevent such access. Is there indeed no right of residential access? Can anyone assist with this, please?

Its actually no motor vehicles except...buses, taxis and licensed private hire, so unless you are a bus or a cab you are not permitted to pass the sign. The sign is there to indicate a prohibition you cannot just decide that you think its ok to ignore it anymore than you can ignore a no entry sign or drive up a one way street the wrong way, so you did actually ignore the sign.