Help asap!!!

LolStevo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys im in a pickle and been pointed over here so any help greatly appreciated!!!

I had a debt with T Mobile which went to Moorcroft when i couldnt afford the bill. I was paying £20 per month and then checked my balance with them which was the same as when i had started even though id paid £210 by this time.

When i queried this they advised me that the extra money was admin fees and unexpired contract charges and my balance was £245.15. I disputed this amount with them but have now received court papers for £310.15.

What do i do from here? I obviously dispute this amount and I would be willing to pay £100 as the original balance was £266.21 and iv paid £210. So where do i go from here? x

These claims are getting tougher and tougher, talk about dragging them out!!! :rolleyes:

Thread moved to Legal Issues.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi

A debt to a mobile company isn't covered by the Consumer Credit Act but the court claim can still be disputed.

First, you should acknowledge service of the claim form, if only to avoid a default judgment being awarded against you. If the claim form came from the Northampton Bulk Centre, you can acknowledge service online. Otherwise you have to return the form to the court who issued the claim form.

Next you need to write to the claimant to obtain documents and information. The claimant will be shown on the form and will either be T Mobile or possibly Moorcroft. Can you type up the 'Particulars of Claim' as set out on the claim form and also confirm whether the claimant is T Mobile or Moorcroft?

Separately, you might want to write with your offer of £100 directly to the claimant but if you do, make sure you head your letter 'without prejudice'.

• Haha 1

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Thanks for the info! il try to do it online if i can find the right place! These are the particulars of claim:

'The claimant claims the sum stated being a sum due from the defendant to the claimant (formerly known as t-mobile ltd) for call and airtime charges and any monies due under an unexpired contact full particulars of which have been supplied to the defendant.

The claimant is stated as Everything Everywhere but i dont know who these are whether these are t mobile or moorcroft or someone else!

Shall i now just send a standard full and final settlement letter to the claimant?

thanks

These claims are getting tougher and tougher, talk about dragging them out!!! :rolleyes:

hang on a Mo, youve already paid sums to 210 QUID, So their claim is incorrect, in your defence of this you will show youve already paid 210 from an original debt of 266. Therefore you offer only the remaining of 56 . If they dont accept that, then theyd look fairly stupid pressing on with this IMHO.

I assume this was an agreed payment plan you had with them?

You MUST acknowledge the claim on line as previously advised, your defence is added onto that online claim. Where you deny the claim in full.

hang on a Mo, youve already paid sums to 210 QUID, So their claim is incorrect, in your defence of this you will show youve already paid 210 from an original debt of 266. Therefore you offer only the remaining of 56 . If they dont accept that, then theyd look fairly stupid pressing on with this IMHO.

I assume this was an agreed payment plan you had with them?

You MUST acknowledge the claim on line as previously advised, your defence is added onto that online claim. Where you deny the claim in full.

Well this was my point and why i requested a breakdown of the account however that says 'debt taken on £266.21' and then there are debt adjustments totalling £ 193.94 which they say are the unexpired contract charge and admin fees but i dont no where i stand on disputing these as i tried to dispute them then swiftly received court letters!

Iv just done it online and done part admission for £121.21 which includes the court and solicitors fees so fingers crossed they dont harass me anymore! x

Hi

A debt to a mobile company isn't covered by the Consumer Credit Act but the court claim can still be disputed.

First, you should acknowledge service of the claim form, if only to avoid a default judgment being awarded against you. If the claim form came from the Northampton Bulk Centre, you can acknowledge service online. Otherwise you have to return the form to the court who issued the claim form.

Next you need to write to the claimant to obtain documents and information. The claimant will be shown on the form and will either be T Mobile or possibly Moorcroft. Can you type up the 'Particulars of Claim' as set out on the claim form and also confirm whether the claimant is T Mobile or Moorcroft?

Separately, you might want to write with your offer of £100 directly to the claimant but if you do, make sure you head your letter 'without prejudice'.

Not sure about heading the letter without prejudice. If it gets to court the OP can show that he's been more than reasonable and tried to resolve this without wasting court time.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 7 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.