Am i unfairly prejudiced by this accident?

gazlo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was hit by another driver who then admitted responsibility. I was then offered a rental car with enterprise paid for by the other party. When I got the rental car from then, i was told to note and report any dents/scratches on the car. I told them what i saw, but since then have noticed something i didnt see then- the front wheel is scuffed.

As i was not in any fault for the original accident is it fair for them to charge me for damage to that wheel if they dont believe i didnt do it. That is to say that i feel i shouldnt have to pay any excess for a rented car, in my opinion the other partys insurance should pay for any damage otherwise it potentially makes me out of pocket for an accident that wasnt my fault.

The last time someone else hit my car i got a car from the repairers and they never asked about noting damage etc. If enterprise think i have damaged this rental car surely they will try and charge me?

What do you think?

Thanks

How bad is the 'scuff'? Does it look fresh? Did the rental agent note it on the Rental Agreement?

The fact the accident was no your fault is totally irrelevant to your question but if you can answer my questions, I may be able to advise you further.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Hi

The scuff is not too bad, but its there if they look. It doesnt look new to me but thats my word against theirs. The question is am i unfairly prejudiced, in that having to have a rental car- they say i am responsible for any damage and therefore would have to pay for any potential damage. Im in this position through no fault of mine yet potentially going to get billed by enterprise. The whole attittude i perceived from them was that if i missed any marks on the car when i signed for it, i was going to get charged- even if other people have also already paid for that damage.

The fact i missed it leaves me open to a potential claim on my insurance and keeping an excess off of me of £300.

thanks