welcome finance secured loan and default help

gullible1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya, i have a secured loan witn welcome and had missed a few payments last year and have missed my last 2 monthly payments due to financial issues. Any way including the charges they add for letters/missed dd etc i have about £1000 arrears not sure of the exact figure but around that figure. Iwas supposed to make payment today but have not and was warned that if i dont i will be issued with a default and made to pay balance within 14 days. I am a worried as it is secured and dont want to lose my house. Also wanted to ask how does repossession work as house in joint name with my husband but he is not on loan?

I got a ppi refund last year and was told they would pay arrears off, then found out they had not so they have been charging even more interest on it (nice of them!)

Please can someone advise what i should do next and what my options are? Could it beworth offering a repayment plan for arrears and get monthly payments sorted for next month? I am also waiting to hear back from The Project about ppi refund from previous accounts so hopefully will get something from that to pay off arrears

Thanks for help in advance

Gullible

If you still have a mortgage then welcome would have to apply to them first and the court as a second option..Which your mortgage Co. would in all likly hood refuse.

As for the repayment plan with these people.....THEY DON'T WORK...all they do is increase the debt overall with the exta interest added.I won't even answer about the project:???:.

Your best bet is to SAR them for all the details held on you.(letter found in library) RECLAIM the charges etc and put the account in dispute over the ppi descrepency.This may stop the D/N but if it doesn't then post it up as it will likely be defective...Then more help and advice will be given...

Most if not all of us have or are in the same situation as you....Just one more thing DO NOT deal with these people by phone get everything in writing from now on and keep the letters for proof and ref.

If you still have a mortgage then welcome would have to apply to them first and the court as a second option..Which your mortgage Co. would in all likly hood refuse.

As for the repayment plan with these people.....THEY DON'T WORK...all they do is increase the debt overall with the exta interest added.I won't even answer about the project:???:.

Your best bet is to SAR them for all the details held on you.(letter found in library) RECLAIM the charges etc and put the account in dispute over the ppi descrepency.This may stop the D/N but if it doesn't then post it up as it will likely be defective...Then more help and advice will be given...

Most if not all of us have or are in the same situation as you....Just one more thing DO NOT deal with these people by phone get everything in writing from now on and keep the letters for proof and ref.

Thanks for the advice sanddancer i will get the sar sent off straight away and in the meantime wait and see what happens next . Thanks

Hiya just another quickie as I am stressed!

I have got SAR ready to send taken some time as been manic in my household at the moment! When i get the Purchase Order from post office who do i make it out to, as the woman behind the counter said i am supposed to write it out to someone?? Please help

Also I keep getting called from Welcome branch not my local one as that closed down..what should I do. It is normally HO that contact me but now it is one of their branches does this mean they are coming to issue me with repossession papers or something I am panicking like mad. What do isay to them as I can't avoid them forever. I will get SAR sent off by end of week and was thinking of also putting in writing my proposals for paying off my arrears. Please help with what I should do for the best

Thanks

p.s still waiting to hear comeback from The Project as still not sure what the hell as that is about

Many thanks in advance

Edited by gullible1

Hiya just another quickie as I am stressed!

I have got SAR ready to send taken some time as been manic in my household at the moment! When i get the Purchase Order from post office who do i make it out to, as the woman behind the counter said i am supposed to write it out to someone?? Please help

Also I keep getting called from Welcome branch not my local one as that closed down..what should I do. It is normally HO that contact me but now it is one of their branches does this mean they are coming to issue me with repossession papers or something I am panicking like mad. What do isay to them as I can't avoid them forever. I will get SAR sent off by end of week and was thinking of also putting in writing my proposals for paying off my arrears. Please help with what I should do for the best

Thanks

p.s still waiting to hear comeback from The Project as still not sure what the hell as that is about

Many thanks in advance

Just had another 2 calls. Will these be more charges added to my account? What should i do? I dont want them coming to my door

Send this to head office -(copied from this site)

Harassment by telephone - response letter

Harassment by telephone - response letter

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

This should do the trick, but, if it doesn't, keep your cool and report them to the Office of Fair Trading and your local trading standards office.

The charges for these calls can be reclaimed...the doorstep visit letter is also in the library

The other branch trying to contact you is very likely your new branch..The telephone letter sent to the COMPLIANCE DEPT at the head office should stop all this

Hiya, it turns out that it is my new branch my details were passed to them 4 days ago...nice of them to tell me. Well i called them today ref issue of arrears have informed them i have sent a SAR request to HO but in the meantime wanted to sort of the issue of the arrears and set up a weekly payment plan to pay it off. Said i would call each week to pay with card as was not allowed to set up a standing order. Also informed them that as the bulk of arrears is charges they should not have taken and once i get info from sar back i will be claimimg these back.

Have i done right? Just wanted to get arrears issue sorted before i got a default notice

• 1 month later...

Well I have sent off SAR does this mean my account is in dispute? I have the paperwork of the agreement that I have at the moment so hoping to sort out my scanner and pop it up on here so someone could have a look at it to get started if that would be ok?

One of my concerns is that the guy from HO who has been looking into ppi claims for me sAys it looks like PPI just rolled into each account but that cant be right as in 2005 i sold my house and paid them what was owed on the settlement letter -now i wondering if I paid themback to much and if the figure still uncluded the ppi interest. After this i did not take out a new loan until 2007 so the last loan could not have rolled into the new one, they really confuse me and only hope that the sar will shed some light on what they have been doing with my loans