Company Insolvent - Won 90 day protective award at tribunal.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone.

Firstly - apologies if this is in the wrong forum, it seemed the most appropriate considering the Redundancy Payments Office is dealing with our payment.

Myself and over 1000 employees of a call centre were made unemployed without notice around May, we received our redundancy, compensatory notice pay, and at least 1 weeks owed wages (company kept a week in hand when we started) - this was paid by the insolvency service.

I'm just wondering as the RPO has agreed to paying us the 8 weeks (40 days) they can, but the documentation on the deductions for this is a little ambiguous and says any JSA, National Insurance or owed wages you were paid (or should pay) will be deducted.

For myself they have asked for a 6 week period of JSA, in which I received £300 of JSA.

Will the 2 weeks compensatory notice pay, and the 1 weeks owed wages I received be deducted? I know the guidance states "If you have received 8 weeks at £380 a week - we will not be able to pay you any more" - but this seems to imply that only if you've had 8 weeks at the top rate, possibly not just 8 weeks already.

Assuming I am on £220 per week (after NI deduction) can anyone help me determine how much we are likely to receive from the 40 days? We have a very confused facebook group and would love for someone able to give us clarity - we are not wanting to call the RPO for fear of slowing down any payouts. Any help is much appreciated.

edit: The RPO are also supposedly telling people who worked there longer than 8 years, they don't need to do anything and payments will be automatic (no letter to ask about earnings) - this strikes me as likely that they are not going to receive anything as they have already had 8 weeks compensatory notice - but they state they don't need to do anything as they already know what benefits they have received. Just another reason for the confusion

Edited by slightsaver