style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know the best way to repair credit after bankruptcy, please? I was made bankrupt over 2 years ago (business problems but sole trader, so it fell on me) but am still receiving default notices from credit card companies. I'm sure this will be affecting my credit score, although I haven't checked. Anyone any clues, please? Thanks

KK

Does anyone know the best way to repair credit after bankruptcy, please? I was made bankrupt over 2 years ago (business problems but sole trader, so it fell on me) but am still receiving default notices from credit card companies. I'm sure this will be affecting my credit score, although I haven't checked. Anyone any clues, please? Thanks

KK

Hello there,

If the debts were taken out prior to your bankruptcy you need to challenge the defaults. As of the bankruptcy order the debts ceased to exist, so the creditors have no legal right to default you. You should write to them with a copy oft he bankruptcy information demanding they stop. If they continue then you could either complaint via the information commissioner or bring legal action for the removal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

After 6 years from your bankrptcy your credit file should be clean providing you havent defaulted on anything else after that. Once it is then you start the process of building your credit up again. It takes 2 years to get a very good credit history by making credit payments on time etc.

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀